A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Camera activation triggers on currently-selected viewport instead of perspective viewport
Posted: 24 May 2013 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28

I think I triggered an option somewhere and I don’t know where it is, but my project is in a state that whenever I active my main camera, the viewport that uses that camera view is the currently-selected (i.e. active) viewport instead of the perspective viewport only.  That means if I moved something around in the top or front views, one of those viewports are active and if I activate the camera at that point to take a look through its lens, that viewport takes on the camera view (but doesn’t change it’s view style from lines, etc.).  In order to undo that, I just deactivate the camera and it flips back to normal, then I select the perspective viewport and re-select the camera to get what I was wanting.  This is clearly different than the default behavior, and I was hoping to set it back to default - but I don’t know what I triggered nor how to set it back.  Any suggestions?  (already tried restarting - it appears “saved” with the project now).

If it matters, when I activate the camera in any port other than the perspective viewport, the little “camera active” icon in the object manager stays black instead of turning white.  Not sure if that helps anyone understand what I’m seeing.

Thanks!

Posted: 24 May 2013 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Ryan,

Please contact the support. The manual has no entry about this and I’m not aware of any change in the preference setting.

All the best

Sassi

P.S. I made my input as well.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 24 May 2013 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28

Thanks Dr Sassi!

Posted: 24 May 2013 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Ryan… I wish I had an instant solution for you.

Have a great day!

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]