A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

stick clones to eachothers
Posted: 14 December 2012 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2010-07-20

Hi, i would like to know if it’s possible to stick clones without using rigid body because we can use lots of clones this way.
I want to makes cells growing and transforming/scaling but still glued to eachothers. I know i can use the blend mode of the cllner objet to animate the different states of the cells shapes but i dont know how can i glue them.  I have the same probleme to solve to make tilable cells texture from mograph clones. To use it to texture some cellls surfaces

Posted: 14 December 2012 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Labo Gilbert,

I assume that you have not the “Attractor” Object in mind…

You might have to invest time into Python to make that happen, if I get your idea correctly.

But, as usual, I think the target is NOT to simulate the mechanics of the world, we are here to simulate the visuals of such an effect. In that way, I would think that perhaps the Cloenr Object>Object mode might be the right way to go here. Just Brainstorming: I could think of an primitive that has an animated “Segment” parameter.

Cells and their split process are normally done with Meta Balls, and a specific Texturing, perhaps with Proximal, but for clone processes I haven’t used it so far.

Another “idea” which means not tested for mitosis could be given in the L-System - “Turtle” in the MoSpline, perhaps you check it out for your project. But with the Turtle I have really no experience building something like that, I just put mention it, as it seems to have the capacity to create large exponential grow structures. Rick Barrett has done some tutorials about it: http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/tournament_bracket_part_1

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 15 December 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2010-07-20

hi, thanks i will try attractor.

ifind this youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOrZ1EsiXFg

At 1:08 there is a movement of cells growing, moving and flattening when they are near the surface of the skin.
It’s illustrate totally what i whant to do with my clones. they are stiking eachothers and changing. I don’t want to do the same thing but i whant to understand how i can start from this effect to make other things.

the second exemple of this effect look very difficult to understand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkNJiK_ChxU

i don’t know if i’m looking at 2d effect or 3d effect because, the cells are stiking eachothers and transforming and deformed by the limits of the membrane where they are in, very complexe, i don’t know how they did that and i wonder if it’s a kind of fake 2d AE plug or if we can do that in c4d. My knowledge of mograph tell me that i can’t do that second effect in 3d because there is too many cells transforming and interacting eachothers and with the membrane but my knowledge of mograph is very basic smile.

Posted: 15 December 2012 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2010-07-20

I don’t want the total explanation but i would like some push to understand if it’s possible in c4d but with hard knowledge of c4d, or if it’s a 2d plug effect impossible to do in c4d actually.

Posted: 15 December 2012 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Labo Gilbert,

These examples help, as they give a lot information. In fact they make it much easier, as they are not really splitting cells, as I had understand in previously.

What I see there is a loop animation, a very short one. It is from what I can tell a 2D animation, perhaps based on 3d models. They use two streams, and iterate the “new” cells left, right, etc.

If that is the process, and you say that Clones/Blend is not a problem for you, then there you have your answer.  Create a pair as in the attached image. Animate these until you get a Loop. Note that for teh new popping up cell, you should have a “scaled to zero” version already placed there, or you start with a new one, if you like the effect of being “suddenly” there.

Thee videos have 2D textures, and tiled to the left and right, then deformed/distorted. 

If you like to have that in 3D, then create the blue/green doted effect as animation, perhaps as blend if you like or as PLA, (Point-cache perhaps) and loop it.
Then use a cloner to get the left and right part. You can got from there and deform the whole package (Spline Deformer for example or if a locked off camera is used the Camera Deformer.)

This would cover the area of the cut-section of the skin. For the skin “surface”, you can use a looped section of your model, based only on the top parts. Here again, deformation of the whole package will deliver a more natural look.

I would work with low polygon models only, which a all based on four-sided polygons (quads) and which are prepared for HyperNURBS.

So, after all MoGraph is the main tool, but not as though perhaps in use like a Particle Emitter.

The described process might cause some question, do not hesitate to ask of course.

Good luck, Happy Holidays

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 15 December 2012 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2010-07-20

thanks and Happy Holidays too

Posted: 15 December 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Labo Gilbert.

Signature 

NEW: