A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Fire, Smoke, Sparks, Branding Iron?
Posted: 04 June 2012 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-01-10

Hello, Cineversity-

I’m looking for tutorials and info on creating a branding iron “stamping” a 3D logo onto a background. More specifically, I’m looking for tutorials on creating, smoke, fire, sparks as the hot branding iron “stamps” the logo into place on screen. Any advice or pointing me to a tut greatly appreciated!

-Jason

I’m using C4D R 12.048

Posted: 05 June 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jason,

I have no memory of anything that would cover your scene.

However, let me brainstorm a little, and based on your feedback to these, I’m happy to make some tests, but the variety of options might be to wide to just give you a recipe.

The stamping, Per boole, per displacement, per deformation, or just simply per PoseMorph.

The fire smoke etc. certainly a Thinking Particle solution with PyroClusters. (There is a great plug in available that does fire and smoke as well, you might have your own ideas about Plug ins, let me know, Josh did some research with it on his DailyFVX.

The complete change needs some texture work and blending of such.

Finally I believe highly that heat waves and other parts should be done in an compositing package.

This would be my first step, checking the options, to get this established. Let me know.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Pose Morph import?      time line ››