A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

How to get environment variables to work on Windows PC?
Posted: 23 February 2021 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2020-06-11

Copied my Browser, Plugins, and Scripts folders to another HD. I followed the Cineversity video tutorial you provided precisely. But Plugins, and Scripts do not show up in Cinema 4D. How do I get this to work as prescribed or at least get it to go back to working as it was originally?

I also copied those folders with their original names back into their original location, but they still are missing in C4D.

Yes, I restarted my computer each time I made a change.

Posted: 23 February 2021 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2020-06-11

Somewhat solved this on my own!

Went to C4D Preferences, clicked on Plugins. There you can add folders to the search path. I clicked on the Add Folders button and navigated to the Plugins and the Scripts folders containing those items I created on a separate hard drive.

I don’t know if this was common knowledge, but I would stop recommending using Environment Variables for plugins and scripts. This is much simpler and more elegant method. Don’t know how long this preference has been around.

Not perfect though. Some of my plugins still do not show up, such as Sketchfab.

Posted: 23 February 2021 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks, mike, for updating your own thread.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]