A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Not renewing
Posted: 28 December 2011 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-06-09

I just want to say i’m not a complainer in general. I think the redseign is a long time coming and much needed.

But at the very least, i expected the videos to work on my ipad, not flash.

Combine that with the fact that the tutorials are few and far between, and really need more project based stuff. There is really more value elsewhere. I think i will be switching over to digital tutors when its time for me to re-up, because although it’s more expensive, it offers way more value in sheer number of videos and type of software. I know you guys dont have all the time in the world but youv’ve got to step it up and support the ipad to retain my business.

Chris

Posted: 28 December 2011 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi Chris,

Yes, an iPad version was discussed before on Cineversity Live. To my knowledge: It is in discussion.

If you think that the re-new fee of $95 is not worth it, you need to make your decision. No problem. We don’t like to see you go of course.

Let me put it in the way I decide how I spend my money into it. I spend a lot of money into my “knowledge-updates” and I expect to be faster and more efficient after receiving it. If the time that I save based on that doesn’t equals the cost, it is a waste. End of story.
So, lets say the re-new few is $95, a professional digital artist earns—lets say $47.50/h as a freelancer (which will be too less or too much - you pick). This example results in $95/$47,50=2. If you don’t save two hours per year based on our content and help in the forum, you have lost money. I would understand that one is upset about this. I “would”, but quite honestly, I haven’t met one in the last five years who had negative numbers based on that example. Most of the time people have step up in the hierarchy since they joint, at least to my knowledge.

Have fun where ever you learn, take care.

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 04 January 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-01-02

Overall, I like the new web site design, but am hating the fact that there’s that constant e-mail jumping watermark on the tutorials!  Seriously, did Cineversity just ask themselves “how could we make the viewing experience really annoying for our paying members?”

If I were to buy a DVD or watch TV show with a watermark constantly moving, I’d return the DVD or cancel my subscription.

New Cineversity = REFUND.

Posted: 04 January 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi clenguye,

It is not in the way you like it and you need to change something. To do so: Please use the “Contact Us” button on the bottom right—of this page.

Good Bye.

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 04 January 2012 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-05-17

Just so you’re aware the majority of Digital Tutors is not available on the ipad. So if that’s a big issue, you should save your money from DT too. Their mobile viewing is very limited, so if you think 95 for no ipad is bad then 400 for very minor ipad is very bad. The most important thing was the website and making it work good. Now that that’s done they can begin to explore mobile viewing. To do it the other way around or slow down the release of the new website when it’s already almost done for the few people with an ipad would be doing a great disservice to those of us who don’t, and want to watch on the computer so they can work along with the tutorial.

Also, the reason for the jumping watermark, it’s for piracy prevention. It becomes much easier to see who distributes videos illegally, and makes it very simple to cancel and account for doing so. It’s actually quite common in video tutorials, webinars, online classes etc. Animation Mentor for instance, had the same thing. KennyRoy.com has it as well. The Cineversity one is rather unobtrusive compared to others if you ask me. It needs to jump because if it’s just in one spot, people can just cover or blur it.

Cheers,
Bret

Signature 

http://www.bretbays.com

Posted: 05 January 2012 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-06-24

I don’t have an iPad, but i have to agree that as each new version of C4D is released, fewer and fewer tutorials are released.  It appears as though the weekly Live session is taking the place of actual tutorials which is a shame. I’m also considering not renewing and going elsewhere for video tutorials.

Posted: 05 January 2012 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi there,

Thanks for telling your reasons. I wish you all the best for your future.

Your post brings up something that we had discussed years ago, during another Artist group with a similar member-count, to make a “quitter survey”. In that way others who like to go don’t need to post here anymore, but can voice their frustration in a more productive way. If a productive result is the target.

Since the start of Cineversity people join, people go. This is natural, no reason for any concerns. If you think that around 2,000 tutorials are not sufficient, then make your decision. There are always new tutorials in work, BTW., sometimes more, sometimes less.

All the best and good bye.

Sassi

Signature