A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

External Compositing Question
Posted: 10 February 2012 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-01-19

I have an array of tablet devices that I want to later in after effects apply video footage to.  I placed a External composite tag and get the solid into AE just fine.  The problem that I am having is that the solid does not keep its orientation and seem to make them all stand verticle… Is there something I am missing to apply the correct orientation?

Thanks

Posted: 13 February 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

This should not be an issue, are you able to share a file that demonstrates how you have your file set up?
By default the solids that are created should always lay on the xy plane of your object in CINEMA.
When you look at the solids in AE are there keyframes on the X/Y/Z rotations?

Posted: 15 February 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-01-19

Hey Patrick,
Thanks for the reply, I actually figured it a few days later on what was the problem.  Actually I am not 100% it my scene or what but I had to change my axis rotation in cinema so that may XY guides were flush with the polygon object.  It makes sense in terms that it is only looking XY but thought it was odd that it wouldnt just pick up on that.  Thanks again though for the reply.