A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Page flip using Mograph
Posted: 19 March 2015 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2015-01-06

Hello everyone,

I’ve finally made it through the tutorial on using Mograph to flip pages, and everything is working great.

I’d now like to add an easier way to determine when the pages flip (possibly by adding a floating slider in a User Data, then connect via Xpresso?)

I understand that there’s a curve in the ‘Effector’ tab of my Step deformer, but I was wondering if there was a more precise way, since I will be copying this project for future use when the pages will need to be turned at a different rate.

I’m sorry I can’t upload the file, as it belongs to a client.

Any advice is appreciated,
-Andy

Posted: 19 March 2015 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Andy.Man,

thanks for your feedback and interest. There are always options to get a project more to the targets of the visualization, and yes, what ever helps to get a good “rig” established is preferable.

Let me add that XPresso is not to everyones taste, and to mix it into a tutorial might lower the experience of the tutorial—at least this is my impression from the past decade+ instructing Cinema 4D.

You are of course spot on to suggest this, and I appreciated it. Let me just add that you can open that “spline” interface and have it spread over your whole screen, if needed. Furthermore, there are so much more options these days to manage the “curve”, that it would deserve a series on its on. But I fear it would be a very dry series, talking about “curves” and math. Tehehe.

Taking your input, let me reply in this way: Over the time I notice that each project has some specific needs. These needs can’t be addressed individually in tutorials, but I love to discuss those needs in the forum. There we can find the right mix, and I’m certain—then it is not “dry-stuff”, as you have a specific motivation to explore it. If you have something that you would like to discuss, please do!

I memorize the content of the forum of course, and it will always influence my work (tutorials)! In fact, since the beginning (2004) of making tutorials I always have “my target audience” in my mind and speak to them, while recording. It is a win-win situation, I hope, and yes, the variety of the options with C4D plus the individual needs and skills of our members represent a wide field, to say it in a nutshell. “One size fits all”, I do not see that, hence the forum for specific questions.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]