A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
Nulls to After effects cc 2014
Posted: 21 July 2014 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2006-09-26

I am basically importing the cinem 4d file into AE CC 2014 creating a new comp with it, then selecting the Cinema 4d layer, and lastly extracting the scene data… It builds the null the lioghts camera and everything but the axis is still wrong and at the end it doesnt track at all with the intended motion…

Posted: 21 July 2014 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

OK, how about the comparison with the aec file.
Do you have the right camera? rendered footage and axis must use the same camera.
Is the FPS correct?
Is there any aspect ratio along the line, in footage etc.
(did you got my last post)

that the camera comes in OK, but not the “Null”, sounds weird.

If nothing works: Support.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 21 July 2014 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Joined  2006-09-26

I am unable to open the aec It says that the cineware cannot be read…

Posted: 21 July 2014 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Joined  2006-09-26

I have to leave the office for now But I will try again this evening I will post with results thanks for your help again Good DR!

Posted: 21 July 2014 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Sorry, perhaps the Support, as suggested, would have been the better way.

I have attached here an aep file with your cube and an adjusted cube.

Besides that, I know the main that counts is a product. So let me share two options:

a) use the RE:Vision UV Map to get the UV information into Ae and map the image on 2D layer, without all the trouble of axis stuff.

b) set your whole scene under a Null and use the Comp Tag with the Tag>Matt Object set to black, and render out only the images you need to swap out, should go very fast, the image-object has no Matt Object on, is seen by the camera. This gives you a very fast “Buffer” for this object. (BTW, This is normally used to shut everything off, and allow for up to 3 (RGB) or even 7 channels in an RGB image (r,g,b,rg,rb,bg,rgb, well you can have more, if you key)
With the same setting, you can render an image only for the object that would hold the image, and everything else is off. The reflections for teh images and light impressions need to be rendered before. The rendering of the images should go very fast while there are only in the luminance-channel.

I prefer to stay in C4D as long as possible. Right, that is an workflow / pipeline discussion.

All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
double_cube.aep.zip  (File Size: 75KB - Downloads: 92)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

2 of 2