A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Does team render store projects on render nodes?
Posted: 23 July 2014 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2014-02-25

I have a weird problem, I team rendered a project using 7 nodes. Then when I went to open the project back up it looked like the original v1 of the project instead of the current version with all of my changes. I looked at the .xml log and sure enough its pulling that same project name, but that project definitely doesn’t match the project I actually rendered. Maybe I had 2 versions of the same project open and accidentally saved over that project :(

If C4D is sending the project files to the render nodes, do they store them anywhere? It would be great to recover this project.

Posted: 23 July 2014 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi jjpainter,

There are some variables in your description, I would check this with the Support.

It should not use on a second “rendering” just the same name. How often is a new rendering send from the same file?

You can test that easily, set up a new project with a blue cube, save it. Send it to be rendered.
Do not change the name, change the color of the cube render it, what color do you got back in the second “session”.

As these files are new, you can limit your search criteria on one of the render node computers easily.

Again, sounds to me like a support question. http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

BTW, do you have, by any chance, auto back up for your C4D set to on, perhaps you find there your previous file.
This is a function I would always recommend, without exception. Yes, large scenes take a while, but aren’t these exactly the one that we don’t want to do again.
Needless to say, as everyone knows that, “save always, save often”, incremental or with a new name. Certainly always with a new name before each rendering.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]