A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

C4D sculpt texture bake to multi-tiled UV
Posted: 08 June 2014 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-12-22

What’s up everyone. I’m trying to solve a problem with baking a sculpted object to multiple textures and an object with a multi-tiled UV.

As far as I can tell, the baking function can only bake the texture information to one tile (one texture space). I would like to give a full texture space to the head and face, maybe one for the torso, and another for legs/arms. Any toughts / suggestions on the best way to achieve this?

I think my next approach is going to be trying to split the head/extremities off to a separate objects… Bake them individually… Then “connect and delete” the resulting baked objects back into one.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

Posted: 08 June 2014 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Tangle Wire,

Separating and connecting might work, but one the long run, it will cause stress in one or the other way. Try it, as I don’t know your scene, so it might be the best idea already.

====

If you like to have several Material/Textures for a single object, do the following:

You need for each a new material and these need to be as Texture Tag on the object (Object Manager). Each has the texture/image you like to have in the specific channel.

The separation is done with projection (Flat for example) or most likely with UV(W) tags. Each material has preferable a new (or copy to start with) UVW Tag on the right side of it.

Each UVW tag should be named properly to have no problems in any step later on.

In the UV Editor you can set the UV-Polygons exactly to the area you want to give it to each texture/image. The not needed UV Polygons can be moved to the side or deleted. Switch of Tiling in teh Attribute manager of the Texture Tag, other wise UV polygons moved to the side will take the information of the image anyway.

An easy way to work with such UV Polygons is given if the selection of the Object Polygons are easy, e.g., with an Selection Tag. If the UV polygons are highlighted, it is easy to inverse the selection (U~I) and delete or move the unwanted ones out of the texture area (UV Editor).

Then bake each Material separately.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]