A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Binding hair to my Character rig
Posted: 13 April 2014 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-08-09

I made a character and added a character object, adjusted the rig and it works well except the hair and eyes refuse to bind and move with my character even though I HAVE added them to my binding list? What am I doing wrong? The rest of the character is one object, which is why it binded easily.

Posted: 14 April 2014 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Chriswhill,

I have not seen you set up, but Hair is not bind at all in that way. Hair is connected to the polygon directly. The bind uses polygons, which becomes “connected” (bind) and weighted. Your hair would be have the need to be based on polygons to do that. Typically it is not, it is as default a Post Effect.

To my knowledge—there is no direct way to bind with weighting Primitives. Are these eyeballs based on “Sphere-Objects”? (Direct vs Mesh-Deformer)

The eyes, I guess there are more opinions about, should not be bind—they should move completely with the joint data: such as in hierarchy or “Constrain Tag”. I don’t think the eyes need to be deformed, they should just move. Again, there are perhaps different ideas about.

If you can provide a reduced set up, not your whole character” then I will look at it.

If you think that is a problem caused by C4D, then please contact the support.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]