A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

painting issue
Posted: 14 February 2014 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2010-04-13

here is a new one for you Dr. Sassi, at least from me-I have painted my model, fairly happy with it-when I render view, some fingernails are not painted, and I know the I did,w/full pressure-intensity, any clue as to why this happens?-CZ

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 14 February 2014 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Craig,

Open your scene in the “UV Edit”.

Check your UV mesh. Enable the correct UV tag and texture for the editor. Find the finger nail [uv]-polygons. Paint in bright green for example on them. The UVs for them should not have other polygons over them, sometimes if there is no UV for a polygon, then the left upper pixel will fill the area for example. If there is just one large quad polygon, that has the size of the texture… HyperNURBS (Subdivision Surface) and its texture settings(?) or or or…

Without scene file, it is guess work, which I found always a little bit of a time waste—on both sides ;o) I guess you don’t like to “publish” the model, so the support can keep that as well “confidential”.

However, it is all about information flow. It is logical if all parts are know. It feels perhaps chaotically and cryptically if one piece in the information flow is missing. Considering that it works somewhere and somewhere else not at all.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 14 February 2014 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2010-04-13

thanks, also, the model is very heavy, but will follow your advice, I ALWAYS DO-!; )-CZ

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 14 February 2014 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks again, Craig.

It is not that I always know the solution, but I’m not bad in exploring the information-flow and deducting then what is relevant to find the “inner logic”.
To paint in green (or any other color that will stand out) delivers new information for this process. Thanks for trusting me in that. ;o) Movement and change brings always new input ;o)

Have a great weekend.

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 14 February 2014 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2010-04-13

Unfortunately for all us Dr. Sassi, you ARE ONLY human wink-but trusting you with your wealth of info and knowledge is always a safe bet!!-CZ

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 14 February 2014 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Wow, that is very nice of you to say, thanks a lot. I certainly will wear that big smile that I just got now the whole day. :o)

Thanks a lot.

Signature 

NEW: