A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Particles and the Ripple Shader Using R15 Team Render
Posted: 15 January 2014 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-02-03

My team is rendering out a file where we have used particles and the ripple shader to simulate rain on water.  If we render the file using a single computer, the renders work fine with no issues.  However, the frames each take about an hour so we obviously want to use the Team Render function in R15.

We have set up 6 machines to render and they work really well for the first 6 frames.  All of the frames after that mess up the ripples.  After no logical number of frames, each particle is multiplied my two or three causing the ripple shader to became much larger than it should be.  We have tested it out doing 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 frames but there does not seem to be any pattern as to when the ripples start to mess up.

We have started to divide the render file into individual files in the render queue that only have 6 frames to render out per file.  We assume there must be a more efficient way (at least we hope there is), but we cannot figure it out…

If anyone out there has any information on why this may be happening, we would love some input.  Thanks

I should included that the computers we are using are 2 iMacs and 4 Mac Minis all using Mountain Lion.  Both iMacs have R15 Studio and R15 Team Render loaded and the minis have R15 Team Render only.  We are running the renders through the render queue on the main iMac.

——Added——

I should have also added that they are Thinking Particles using a PStorm node.  The physical droplets associated with the particles render out just fine, it is the ripples in the shader that are caused by the particles hitting the water that get messed up.  Since I can’t bake the particles, only the objects that associate with the particles, and it is the particles that allow for the ripple shader to work, baking is not an option.

As suggested by Sassi, I will contact Maxon support, but if anyone has any other suggestions we are open.

Posted: 15 January 2014 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi DKinney01,

Please contact the support team.

http://www.maxon.net/support.html

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      TP Particle Collision ››