A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Chamfer tool
Posted: 08 April 2020 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2020-04-03

Hello. I’m currently driving myself crazy trying to activate the chamfer tool.

I’ve selected all of the points on my spline that I’d like to curve. I’ve right-clicked and selected the chamfer tool. However, when I click and drag nothing happens. I’ve tried manually adjusting the radius in the attributes section. I’ve tried with realtime updates and not. One tutorial I was watching they said that they left-click and drag to create the radius. However, I’m using a wacom tablet and do not have a left-click nor is there a left-click option in the wacom mac settings. I’m at a loss and not sure what I’m doing. I’m sure it’s right under my nose. It seems as though I’m just missing a combination of keys to initiate the chamfer. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Posted: 08 April 2020 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi pbjostrand,

When something isn’t working, open a fresh new scene and start over. In this case, take a Rectangle spline and make it editable by pressing the c key while the spline is selected in the Object Manager.
Go to point mode.
Press cmd-A to select all the points
Spline>Add> Chamfer
Put the pen down, leave it down, and drag, one time.

Is it working?
If not, go to the Structure manager, and check how many points the Rectangle spline has. More than four? (0-3).
If more, you have created the smallest Chamfer possible. If you try now again, it will look like you did nothing, but the point amount has increased.

If you had attached a project file, I could answer all of that already. I really encourage everyone to share a file with just the problem parts, it saves so much time on your end.

Please have a look at this screen-capture.
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/fhh9T87n0gDqzEw48gkHolQjjTWgPz22j0sDiSQtDJA

You Wacom Pen preferences has no options? See image.

Enjoy and stay safe.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]