A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

C4D After Effects Integration (Attaching an image to a 3D object) HELP!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 17 April 2012 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-02-15

Dear all,
I really need help with my project. I’m compositing a cinema 4d animation in After Effects and I’m having issues when parenting a null object with 3d info I imported from C4D to a 2d image. I watched many tutorials and I think I’m doing it right. I parent the 3d null to my image ( I make this a 3d layer) so that I can inherit its position and rotation, then 0 out the position and rotation so that It positions right and then lay an alpha matte (object buffer) above my image to apply the track matte to the image (luma matte) . It does work but when when i play my animation…the image cut by the luma matte (child of my 3d object) moves within the matte. I hope I explained it right. Any ideas why this is happening. I used an external compositing tag in cinema. I did not make it a solid because I have an irregular shape, instead it gave me a null object with all keyframes.
If anyone could please help me, it’ll be greatly appreciated .
My personal email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Jorge Ramos
PS, Attached is a screen shot of how my image (flag moves from its position as it flies on space)

Posted: 17 April 2012 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jorge,

It is not really an theme for Cineversity, as it beyond the standard integration. It is an pure Ae question.
No screnefile is available here, so all is just a guess, a wild one, which means not my preferred way to work.

However, let me ask, why do you apply the mask not in a pre-compositing (check its quality right there already!) and have both at 100% in sync—then start working in “3D”.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 17 April 2012 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-02-15

Hi Dr. Sassy,
I just sort of fixed it…It was the pivot point (anchor point) of the face I applied the external composition tag to. I used deformers to bend my shapes so not sure it is why but my pivot point/one that u move with axis tool ..well it was moved from its center position therefore when i saved the file to import it into after effects ...the position information information was off.
I didn’t know we could attached C4D files on here smile
Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my posting.
Best Regards,
Jorge Ramos

Posted: 17 April 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jorge,

It’s Sassi (not with an y, which gives a complete different meaning). I know it’s a typical “typo”, nothing to worry about, but I like to mention it ;o)

I’m not really certain if I can follow. But if you need a Null object follow deformations of a an surface, this needs to be done with XPresso or carefully (hierarchy/priority!) with a Constraintag. Null Objects are other wise not included in any deformation process.

Files need if not other wise mentioned in ZIP format, except the standard image file formats.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Folding a plane      virtual walkthrough ››