A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Adobe Ideas (iPad) to C4D
Posted: 30 March 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi there,

I was curious how “ADOBE Ideas” for iPad/iPhone would work with C4D. (Especially when you first take an image with the build in camera…)

“Adobe Ideas” is a $9.99 iPad application, which draws shapes in vector formats. This means it is pretty much resolution independent. ...and with the iPad it is independent in many ways.

There is only one step needed to make it work with CINEMA 4D, open it in Illustrator and save file as Illustrator v8.

Then use the File>Merge options in C4D and use it like any file you get from Illustrator. (Check out the tutorials about Illustrator workflow here on Cineversity)

I made a quick smilie after owning the application for 2 minutes, yes it is that simple to use. The best, as in most iPad applications, you just sent the file via e-mail where ever you like.

I have attached the original pdf (Adobe Ideas format), the Illustrator v8 file as well the C4D file.

Have a creative weekend.

Sassi

P.S. I used the iPad3 and it works great. I have a Wacom Bamboo pen used for this as well.

File Attachments
adobe_ideas_drsassi.zip  (File Size: 33KB - Downloads: 213)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 09 April 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-04-13

Hi Sassi . looks like it highly depends on the arrangement of the different paths and which to toggle. Is this trial and error or does it have some rule to pay attention to. How would you arrange this one?
Greetz Powetri

File Attachments
tryoutIdeas.pdf  (File Size: 10KB - Downloads: 237)

Posted: 09 April 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-04-13

Hey I allready found out> you just need to check te Hierarhical option in the Extrude Nurbs object and than switch off path 1 and path 2 . Nice result! Thanks for the Adobe Ideas tip!

File Attachments
ideaTrial.zip  (File Size: 83KB - Downloads: 192)

Posted: 09 April 2012 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Powetri,

Nice sketch! Yes, isn’t it fun? Zoom in or out on the iPad and create precise details just where-ever you are. Some minor post work might be needed. Click and e-mailed… love it.

Yes it puts always these outline or bounding box stuff around. Not nice and I wish that could be disabled in the Prefs. But obviously the developer do not play a lot with their own apps, hehe. However, those frames might mostly help to texture the results, as they can be used to Texture.Object Manager>Tags> Fit to object (include child objects)

Have a good one and thanks for the reply!

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]