A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Wipix CHaracter Rigging 8 freezes
Posted: 23 February 2013 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-12-14

Hy video tech guys,

Tried to find out how I can mirror painted weighings on the other side of a rig - In the wipix character rigging Video Part 8 there might be a how to… but after 43 seconds the video freezes. In the timeline the timeindicator keeps on rolling, but the video freezes. Tried it on PC, with Win 7 and the different streaming options - and on OSX. Everytime the same, sorry to tell you this.

Maybe a reupload of this file would help.

Please contact me as soon as the video works again.

Thanks a lot,

Felix aka gorri

Posted: 18 August 2013 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2011-12-22

It’s not just 8. There are about 5 videos in that series that suffer from this freeze issue. I’m pretty certian they had incoming issues and the issue is not playback related but with the videos them self. I’ve been trying to watch this series in its entirety for a few months now. If this could be fixed it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 06 January 2014 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2011-12-22

Can you please fix videos 5,8,9 & 10 of this series?  At a given point in each of these videos the video & audio freezes. The video play back head keeps moving and the time keeps counting down but the video is stuck on the same frame. It’s a consistent problem at the same frame in each video. This leads me to believe a botched video encoding was uploaded. I love this series. It’s one of the best and most informative on the whole site… but it’s incomplete because of a bad upload.

Can something be done to fix this?  Or at least respond to the problem to let is know it can’t be fixed?

Posted: 06 January 2014 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

Thank you for reporting the problem. We are currently looking to see if anything can be done.

We will respond when we find out if it can be fixed or not.

Posted: 06 January 2014 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2011-12-22

That’s awesome.  Thanks for looking into this for us.

Posted: 06 March 2014 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2013-12-06

Thank you for your patience. Wipix has been re-uploaded and all video’s should be playing properly.

Posted: 08 April 2014 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2011-12-22

You guys are the best.  Thanks for fixing this.  I LOVE THIS COURSE!  I’ve watched it at least 3 times in full now.  It’s great to be able to watch the missing pieces.

Posted: 11 April 2014 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2013-12-06

You’re Welcome. Glad we could help. grin