A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Team Render Server & Cloned Virtual Machines
Posted: 15 January 2018 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-12-12

Hello I have come across an issue with Team Render Server hoping someone has a solution out there.

I have 4 Virtual Machines (VM) total That I cloned from 2 VM Original Windows Server 2016 Fresh Installs.

The Clients all have separate IP Addresses & are recognized by Team Render Server.
The Problem comes when I attempt to Connect all 4 at the same time, I get the “Machine is Already in List!” Dialog Box
Since the VMs are cloned it thinks they are the same machines even though they are showing separate IP Addresses & the computers themselves have Unique Names both in Team Render Client & Windows Level.  Does anyone know
how to resolve this with out doing Fresh Installs of Windows?
Perhaps a fix on the Team Render Side of things?

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Posted: 15 January 2018 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Hanz Cholo,

Please contact the Support with this problem:

https://www.maxon.net/en-us/support/how-can-we-help/

My best wishes

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 15 January 2018 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2012-12-12

Will do thanks!

Posted: 15 January 2018 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Sorry that I have no answer, but I’m certain that the support will have one.

All the best.

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 19 January 2018 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2012-12-12

all you need to do is delete the preferences for your Client machines.  This often happens when you create the clients as clones of other computers because the preferences are cloned as well causing the error you’re getting.  To do that, in Team Render Client, go to Machine > Preferences and click Open Preferences Folder on the bottom left.  This operation will open a new folder; you should see more folders inside it such as “prefs”, “library” etc.  Next, quit out of Team Render Client (this is a very important step as this process will not work if the application is running).  Once you’ve done that go back to the folder you opened earlier and move up one level in the folder hierarchy to the MAXON folder.  Here you will need to select the Cinema 4D (or Team Render Client if that’s all that’s installed)  folder you were just looking in, as well as any file with _19_ in its name (these should all have the file type PRF).  Once you’ve selected those items, delete them and then launch Team Render Client again.  You should notice that the files you deleted are re-created when Team Render Client launches, this is because if it cannot find these files on startup it creates them from scratch with the default settings (this is why you need to quit TRC before deleting them).  You can do this same process for Team Render Server as well if needed.  You’ll need to do this for all machines in your fender farm, but don’t worry, it looks a lot harder than it is; once you’ve done it once it’s easy to repeat.

Hope this helps

Regards,
MAXON Technical Support

Posted: 20 January 2018 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for sharing, Hanz Cholo.

Signature 

NEW: