Copy C4D Splines to Illustrator with CV-ArtSmart
Posted: 09 September 2017 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-09-09

does this plugin work with cinema 4d lite?

Posted: 09 September 2017 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  4890
Joined  2011-03-03

Hi roostertoons,

I can’t see an option here, I installed everything, and nothing shows up.

If there is an option, the developers of the CV-Tools will certainly mention it here.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials: Texture, Panorama, HDRI, Camera Projection, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

Posted: 11 September 2017 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-11-30

Sorry, Cinema 4D Lite does not support plugins. It is meant to be a taste of what you can do with Cinema 4D and an introduction to 3D design in general.

Posted: 22 September 2017 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-04-15

I’m having issues with the paste function within ArtSmart in R19. I’ve grown very custom to integrating illustrator paths into my workflow. I know I can import entire ai files in too, but that defeats the point of quickly drawing a path and hitting copy paste. I’ve reinstalled ArtSmart and restarted illustrator to no avail. This just started yesterday, but worked fine the day before. any information or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Posted: 22 September 2017 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2011-03-03

Hi TheRineOfHarts,

This should be answered from the developers of the plug in.

I tested it and have no problems.

The case might be solved faster if you would mention the version number. Is it should be 2.82

All the best

Signature 

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials: Texture, Panorama, HDRI, Camera Projection, etc.

Posted: 25 September 2017 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  335
Joined  2006-01-24
TheRineOfHarts - 22 September 2017 06:11 AM

I’m having issues with the paste function within ArtSmart in R19. I’ve grown very custom to integrating illustrator paths into my workflow. I know I can import entire ai files in too, but that defeats the point of quickly drawing a path and hitting copy paste. I’ve reinstalled ArtSmart and restarted illustrator to no avail. This just started yesterday, but worked fine the day before. any information or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Does the C4D Console list any errors?

Are you on Windows or Mac? If Mac, it might be a file permissions problem for the clipAICBHandler.app in the CV-ArtSmart folder. CV-Toolbox should set the permissions properly, but sometimes OSX decides to change them - make sure everyone has full access.

Posted: 30 December 2017 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2017-11-24

Hey guys,
is it possible that this copy/paste command only works up to a certain number of points?
Complex or larger splines seem to cause issues…or just simply wont be pasted in AI…small splines however (splitted segment of the same spline), work fine…!

MacOS 10.11.6 /// R19.024 /// AI CC 22.0.1

Cheers

Posted: 30 December 2017 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Joined  2011-03-03

Hi Remo_G,

To see if it is the plug in: Try to copy from C4D and then paste directly in C4D to see if it works. My set up here (Mac), works to around 5000 points total, plus a few per path. Segmenting didn’t do much for me.

I hope the developers can share a more precise information, mine was just based on testing.

All the best

Signature 

Posted: 30 December 2017 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Joined  2017-11-24

Thanks for the quick reply..!
Alright…so than its a matter of the amount of points..smile

Too bad that the max is around 5k points…its easy to exceed 5k by tracing an object..:D
So thats a limitation than….

Thanks anyway!
Cheers

Posted: 30 December 2017 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Joined  2011-03-03

No idea if that is a permanent or temporarily limitation, Remo_G.

I checked it out to see if I can reproduce it or not.
Rick or Donavan will certainly chime in and share something more concrete.

Yes, tracing can produce this, but it is certainly a good practice to clean up the path, which is often done with a few clicks in Illustrator, and saves perhaps many times more than that down the road.
See: Illustrator> Simplify

My personal take on this: In the past two decades I have often manually traced, to get a really clean and professional path, auto-trace is often just a big mess. Often a few points could do what hundreds of auto-trace needed instead.

Enjoy your weekend

Signature 

Posted: 30 December 2017 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Joined  2017-11-24

Thanks for the hint..smile

Sorry for being imprecisely….I was talking tracing objects in c4d to bring the motion lines/splines into AI…
Of course you can reduce the splines point amount by adjusting the intermediate points and spline type etc…but only up to a certain degree….

Lets say you wanne trace (in c4d) a text spline,  or particles, or object with a couple of vertices…those interesting tracing lines/splines would be nice to copy/paste to AI….smile
But yes…they exceed 5k points quickly… (tracing 500 particles only for 10 frames…)

The only workaround would probably be, to split the spline you wanne copy/paste to AI, into several segments…

Posted: 30 December 2017 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Joined  2011-03-03

Thanks for the additional clarification, Remo_G.  Yes, MoGraph Tracer as the producer, I understand.

Perhaps Main Menu>Mesh> Spline> Spline Smooth, might be a good choice here. Especially for straight parts.

A per frame setting is certainly dense, you make of course the artistic judgement call what is needed.

As long as no other option given, perhaps you could define groups for the “final” particle, and set up several Tracer. (But we go already into a Q&A discussion here: let’s wait what the producer of this plug in have to say.)

It seems this year closes with this movie clip, which is number 116 for this year:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/Wp02evkswpHymR4Hp4z00vhp86jIpQlSsCOXVooS1aV
It is an option to get all the Tracer spline information to Illustrator, based on the camera view.
If you set the interpolation to something “smoother”, e.g., Cubic, it will show in Ai.

My best wishes and Happy NEW Year

Signature