A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Unity Game Development with Cinema 4D, Part 01: Introduction
Posted: 28 April 2015 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-03-01

Hello, are there source files available for this tut?
Regards,
Stan

Posted: 28 April 2015 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Stan,

Perhaps you might check out the link below? Please let me know if that isn’t what you are looking for

All the best

http://www.cineversity.com/forums/viewthread/1556/

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 28 April 2015 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2012-03-01

No, I’m talking about files/assets/*c4d used in the Unity tutorial. I can only download the final game and that is all or it is the purpose not to provide the art content? Maybe I’m missing something.

Posted: 28 April 2015 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Stan,

You should have access to three files:

The three [zip/archive] files are available via the “Files” download button [See images, right lower corner] They are attached to the three tutorials 01, 04 and 16.

01 final_game.zip

04 invasion_assets.zip

16 invasion_game.zip

Can you download those?

My best wishes

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 29 April 2015 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2012-03-01

Hi Sassi,

now it is clear. I’m using playlist and that is why I didn’t find the buttons on 04 and 16, and on 01 there is final game and I expected resource files.
Thank you for clue.
Maybe it could be described where to find tutorial’s source files.
Regards,
Stan

Posted: 29 April 2015 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad you got what you like to have. :o)

I hope that interface gets an update one day, and both Frames/tabs are visible then at the same time.

My best wishes

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 29 April 2015 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2012-03-01

Hi Sassi, just let you know that when opening/importing project resources under Unity 5 it fires a lot of errors, a lot of legacy stuff…

Posted: 29 April 2015 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks a lot Stan, for pointing this out! :o)

I will place a tutorial request for an update, please feel free to join the thread with ideas and suggestion.

Have a great day

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 03 July 2015 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-08-06

Hi,

I can’t seem to get the Aliens to start moving when the game starts (in Unity 5).  They just wait in the spawning point, not moving.  Everything else works fine ( I can kill them with the farmer) and I went over the Alien setup multiple times to make sure I had all the parameters set correctly.  Do you have any ideas what could be causing this? Perhaps something in the scripts I’m overlooking?  (Sorry, I know it’s not much to go off of)

Thanks,
Jason

Posted: 03 July 2015 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jason,

I checked the Invasion.unity in v4 and it works fine. Perhaps download the final version of the game and compare, and compare all steps as well from part 13.

The overview of the files are in post #3 above.

Here is a one minute screen capture of the file:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/jWt7D1fP934yQfSjxBws6hZNzcv_7ZRCnvZT5H6aCQI?ref_=cd_share_link_copy

After I downloaded v5, I reloaded some parts, the Aliens showed up only as box. Their animation works in the preview. However, the Console tells me that there is no NavMesh.
I guess, this needs to be fixed. Please share a screen shot from the Console. I am not the instructor of this series. He might has a fix or perhaps an appendix clip for v5 problems.

I have also attached the two alert-windows, just in case it is of any help.

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 04 July 2015 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Joined  2012-03-01

Hi Jason,

I have Unity version 5.1.0f3.
I tried fresh import of the project (copy from original and opened/double clicked “invasion” scene in “invasion_game/Assets”).
After opening the Unity complains about navmesh, it needs to be re-baked. Then I have made build&run; and tested, it seems to work as it worked for me in v5.0. No more study from my side if there is any problem in v5.1.0f3.

Regards,
Stan

Posted: 04 July 2015 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks a lot, Stan, for your feedback.

I dive into that only as far as C4D content goes. What is going on in v5.1… was new to me. The result about “navmesh” that you share is similar to the one I posted above. To me it feels like the “Aliens” have no idea where to go, so they do not show up, no navigation “blue-print”.

That it worked in v5.0 and now not any longer in v5.1… means to me, to wait for the next version, I assume 5.2… (not saying I have anything official.)

Sorry for your trouble with Unity. Not fun, however, it seems you have your ways to get going. Thanks again for your contribution here!

My best wishes

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 04 July 2015 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Joined  2012-03-01

Maybe I’m not clear in my previous post.
Aliens are there correctly and moving to the targets and destroying them in Unity v 5.1.0f3.

The practice with Unity v X.X.X is that it is dynamically changed nearly in every version (some functionality/feature is obsolete), so with every new version of Unity you will meet some issue that needs to be solved. Sometimes it is hard to solve it without deep knowledge of Unity environment and help of the author of the example.
I thing it is hard to update tutorial project with every new version of Unity ... sure it would be nice but it is worth of the effort?
Above mentioned is also general problem of every tutorial or book. You never know if the examples provided will work in new version ... usually it doesn’t.
That’s life smile
Stan

Posted: 04 July 2015 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for clearing it, Stan.

Yes, the “... No more study from my side if there is any problem in v5.1.0f3.” lead me to get this impression.

The problem you describe is certainly complicated to solve, I agree. To keep old stuff in new version is often not even possible. Tutorials suffer already alone from changing the interface. I try to keep learning one new app or a major update per month, to keep that “first contact” feeling alive. It is so easy to forget that specific moment and take the “muscle memory” in ones main app for granted. I do this since over two decades and have seen a lot of change since. ( I just re-watched as a refresher a FXPHD course that I took five years ago about Houdini, well, things have changed, to state the obvious. ;o)

The only idea that I can see is, to discuss more about the “architecture” and “philosophy” (as that changes in a much slower rate) of a given application, than tips and tricks. But to be honest, this hasn’t been a request to my knowledge at all. So we stay with stuff that has a “half-time-value” rate, based on the single feature development/replacement.

Thanks for the comment above.

All the best

Signature 

NEW: