A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

The Gear Tool, Part 01: Introduction
Posted: 23 March 2015 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-04-22

WHERE does one fine this gear tool? Nothing shows up in the C4D help menu, and I can’t locate this in any of the tool menus. I also searched the Content Browser, but again, no luck.

As this is supposed to be a tutorial that explains things, how about explaining where this tool is at the very start?

Posted: 23 March 2015 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-04-22

I finally realized that The Gear Tool had to be downloaded as part of the included files in the tutorial. Would have saved me a lot of time had I known.

When I open The Gear Tool file, it doesn’t look like the one in the tutorial, and none of the controls are editable. Still lost, but I’ll keep messing around with this and hopefully make sense out of it. BTW, trying to zoom or pan in the perspective interface is also locked and caused my Mac to sort of freeze up for a couple minutes before I could resume doing anything.

Posted: 23 March 2015 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Davidp158,

I was just checking the download and its content, while you have found it already. Let me add the screen shot here, if someone runs into the same problem.

I check the content on a MacBookPro from 2010, which should allow to show if something overwhelms the “engine”. I personally couldn’t find a problem.
Perhaps a sign that something needs to be discussed with the support? http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

I have checked if I have an option to ping him a PM or e-mail via Cineversity, but no option on my side. I hope the QA team will have an answer for you soon.
However, let me say that I know that feeling when you have managed to make some time for tutorials and then it’s not working: sorry for that.

If you need to set up some cogwheels for a project right now, open a thread in the “Q&A-Forum” here and I’m happy to share my ideas to support your target.

My best wishes

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 03 May 2016 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-04-27

I am also just looking to that bevel gear.  Thanks

‹‹ Page flip using Mograph      Cloth Tutorials ››