A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

3D Habitable module
Posted: 05 August 2017 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2013-07-16

hello guys

Model is based on 2D concept from Vasily Khazykov I tried to change it a bit and provide many details and all of my models, except character is from a free library…...
To view more photos of the quality of the 4K to clarify the exact details, see here
http://ahmedmostafac4d.cgsociety.org/art/c4d-cinema-4d-3d-habitable-module-1762728
I hope you will get your admiration and await your comments

Posted: 05 August 2017 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Ahmedmostafa,

Your link didn’t came through, so I post here the complete link again, let me know if you want to have it removed:
http://ahmedmostafac4d.cgsociety.org/art/c4d-cinema-4d-3d-habitable-module-1762728

What I can see is that you certainly make progress and I applaud your perseverance.

What I do not do here, and haven’t done since over a decade, is to critique in the QA-Forum. A real critique needs a longer and detailed discussion, which can be only based on a clear description of the targets, with a detailed exploration of the process and why other methods where not used, of course including the quality of the mesh. I have had many discussions about learning over the past decades and how to unlock the potential of artists. If done well, this is (at least) the function of a mentor, and that is not just a 10 minute thingy. A good critique takes longer. My experience and observations leads to share this, it takes 30-60 minutes preparation on the mentor side, then a 45 minutes to an hour to discuss a complete model in a private and very focused session. A good example is given with TheArcanum.com but so far only for photography. I hope one day to open up a Master-Cohort for 3D and animation over there. I have my Arcanum Master status since a while for this project. I let you know when (and if) it starts. That would be the place for it. A real place to mentor.

I’m not even certain if my approach would collide with the 1on1 offer, but that is not my current concern, as I do not offer it in the first place.

Another point: In the moment I start to rate the quality here, later on my silence to an other contribution might be translated as opinion.
I’m also not a friend of quick or even “harsh” critics, as they don’t really lead to anything.

If there is a specific question about a problem, you know that I answer as far and as much as I can, and often with at least three different ways (if possible) to do it, as I also do not believe that 3D is a “this is the only way to do it” field. Skills are good when you know which way leads for a certain case to the best results.

Of course who ever will comment on your work should do it. We have great people here and the pretty much everyone has shown great social skills.

My best wishes for your next exploration.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]