A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Win RT issue playing Cinev ’ tutorials
Posted: 13 January 2013 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-04-16

O gentalmen , how is it going ?

I was happy to watch Cineversity tutorials through portable device sucha a tablet but
unfortunatly most of them recently say bye bye to FlashPlayer ,

i own Windows Rt witch supported Flashplayer but only for certificated websites that included in the list of microsoft .!!

Civeversity is not supported yet ?
is there any future plan sooner or later for that issue ????
i have heared about an alternitive technique from flashplayer its about Htma 5 or something like that !!!

Posted: 13 January 2013 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

We currently use quicktime for mobile devices, so flash is not needed for mobile devices.
The website will continue to use flowplayer until we can find a suitable alternative.

As for windows RT we will look into what needs to be done. I was never aware of a need for certification, and I am sure that Rick was not either.
I’ll ask him about it on monday.

I can not say what an ETA would be…as I have no clue how Microsoft handles things.

Thanks for letting us know of the issue and have a good weekend.

Posted: 14 January 2013 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-05-17

I was talking to Rick about this, he will be looking into the issue.

In the mean time he found: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-rt-flash-player-tool-lets-you-easily-white-list-websites
This should allow you to manually add CV to a whitelist for WinRT.

Let us know if this works for you as we won’t have an actual solution until Rick can get his hands on a win RT device to test.

Posted: 19 January 2013 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-05-17

Hi Fanans, Have you tried using the whitelist?
Did this work for you?