A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

controling an image sequence in c4d
Posted: 08 December 2012 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2010-07-20

Hello, i make an image sequence of 10 images representing numbers from 0 to 10.
I would like to importe the images sequence in c4d to easy control when i want to start it and stop it and maybe the frame rate of it.

I try to use multishader to put it on a cloner objet. The cloner objet have a simple child polygone. I saw the numbers correcty placed to my ten clones. I would like to see only one clone from 0 to 10 controled by time effector for exemple, is it possible?

I was thinking of the blend mode of my cloner to make clones revealed one by one in time with a time effector but it supposed to put 10 objets with different texture number to use them as clones?

it’s a test for easy control a more longer images sequence and i dont want to do it manualy. I’m pretty sure i can do it with mograph, but i’m stuck on how to tell an effector to reveal my clones one by one when i put a multishader on the cloner objet to texture them individualy.

Or maybe i have to use xpresso to import my images sequence folder to a material and try to control the images by nodes

Posted: 08 December 2012 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Joined  2010-07-20

I try to use the different modes of the multishader applyed to a cloner in blend mode with a sipmle polygone child for clone,and a plain effector with color mode on, and modify clone to 100%.

It’s working but not quite well because it reveal 0 to 5 but not 0 to 10. I’m stuck on the different options.

File Attachments
mograph_img_sequence.zip  (File Size: 124KB - Downloads: 216)

Posted: 08 December 2012 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Labo Gilbert,

How about selecting the image that you need where it is loaded in the first place, as you mentioned XPresso. You need to use the “Range” in the Material>Texture>Animation. From there it is a simple math. You set the whole sequence (start and end) to a specific position and then the time of the scene will pick accordingly. Easily doable with XPresso, and in that way open to be changed from many sources. Which leads to the main question:

However, the main information is not clear to me, “Don’t want to do it manually” is the only information how you would like to do this, what will trigger the image?

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 08 December 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2010-07-20

hi, yes i see but, you have to render it to see the result or maybe is there a way to see the image sequence directly on the view without doing a render?

Posted: 08 December 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Please go to the Material>Editor>“Animate Preview” and check this to on. You should normally see the result.

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 08 December 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2010-07-20

sorry i’m not explaining well, i want to see the result directly in my scene in real time, not on the material editor, is it why i try to do it with mograph

Posted: 08 December 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2010-07-20

but i can use xpresso to visualise a motext informing me what’s frame apearing on render in real time but it’s not as cool as visualise the image in realtime on the scene

Posted: 08 December 2012 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Labo,

Let find out why you can’t see the texture in the preview. It is not in the material only. Check out the attached file. Click on the XPresso Tag once, and go then to the Attribute Manager>User Data.

I assume that sequences start with 0.  The sequence length here is 10.

Sorry, I like MoGraph a lot, but I think it is not the way to go here. It seems like to do something way more complicated than it should be. However, if you like to go with that, use a Plain Effector, set it to color, set the color in the Cloner Object to black. The Plain effector needs to be in falloff mode. The Multishader then in “Color Brightness”. If you use the Plain Effector Falloff Linear, moving the Effector back and fore should do the trick, but not without rendering. Or you produce for each image in the sequence a plane, and make on the one wanted visible. Sounds not very efficient if you ask me.

BTW. Have you checked the “Camera Dependent” on your XPresso tag?

Please note that the XPresso User Data field ‘Which Image now?” will change the image, and that should work with an instant result in the editor view.

All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
CV2_r14_drs_12_TX09_01.zip  (File Size: 93KB - Downloads: 241)
 Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 08 December 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Joined  2010-07-20

it’s exactly what i want to do, i learn something that really help me, i don’t know the way to do it simply and i feel like i alway choose complicated ways to do things, but i want to try some ways before asking, Thank a lot

Posted: 08 December 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Labo Gilbert,

Exploring the possibilities is always a good idea. I really like MoGraph and I can’t stress enough to go as deep as possible into it. :o) I try to find the simplest way, as often as possible.

Nice that it works for your needs. If you need, I’m open of course to go the MoGraph route as well.  E.g., Use the MoGraph Multi-shader, load it with all images you need, and apply it to a single Plane! No Fracture or Cloner Object need. Then Go to the (Plane’s) Attribute manager and set the “Display Color”. If you set up the Mode>“Color Blue” in the Multi-shader, you need only to move for teh plane the blue slider. To see the effect, use the “Interactive Render Region” (option/Alt + R), perhaps set teh quality to low to get a fast “redraw”

THe Multi-shader take the object color, and takes the image that is (position=brightness) a match to it. (Talking about simplicity…)

All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
CV2_r14_drs_12_TX09_11.zip  (File Size: 165KB - Downloads: 224)
 Signature 

NEW: