A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Dr. Sassi JET tutorials?
Posted: 11 October 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2008-03-29

Just wondering when they might go up…been looking out for them. They seem like they’re going to be really great!

Thanks!
Biagio

Signature 

We make TV and film, and podcast about it.
Joke Productions - company site
Producing Unscripted - podcast and blog about unscripted television
Joke and Biagio - filmmaking blog

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Biagio,

That is what I have in mind as well :“Just wondering when they might go up…been looking out for them.” It is not on me, I was told, while asking during Siggraph what I can tell, that it was scheduled end of the month. Well that is already the past.
I’m really sorry that none can see them already. I work here on the next “pile” of two hundred tutorials, e.g., a making of for the music video I did (see link in the signature line), and a long and extensive “Photography for 3D Artists. I did a lot of research for each and every series, even if I believe from time to time I could just start and record. But that would be not the quality I’m after, nor would like to supply this.
Another part in my work is the feedback that I get here. Not so much on details, more based on my extensive analysis about the question that I get here and the interaction that I get in this forum. This builds up an “image” of the people who like my work. These people are virtually in my little recording studio, while I produce new stuff. It is my habit to build this “imaginary audience” and talk to them, while recording. Here is exactly my biggest frustration (there I said it!) being not published for a while. However, the forum by itself helps me like a first aid to heal that problem. Thanks to people like you.

I hope we can soon exchange thoughts about the content, rather than waiting for it. To stay in “realtime” contact is really helping me, to stay motivated and under “steam” to move on.

Thanks for your support and your patience!

BTW, the next music video is already in preparation, and I think I will dive in deeply into (aero-)dynamics with it, we will see. Projects as you might know it even better than I do: are subject to change…

Take care

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 11 October 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2008-03-29

Dear Dr. Sassi,

Well let me be the first to say, “HEY CINEVERSITY, PLEASE PUT DR. SASSI’S TUTORIALS UP ALREADY!!!!”  I’m not kidding when I say the reason I will (or won’t)  be renewing my membership is to do Dr. Sassi’s tutorials.  There is a major shortage of tuts out there for people interested in doing VFX in C4D.  It’s very frustrating, because C4D is SO powerful, and it seems it’s VFX skills are hidden under a bushel.  So I’ve been waiting since Siggraph because Dr. Sassi’s tuts look like just the thing I’ve been searching for. PLEASE PUT THEM UP.

So again, Cineversity—I’M SUBSCRIBING TO YOU FOR DR. SASSI’S TUTORIALS.  LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THEM THIS MONTH!

And Sassi, great job on the camera mapping in that music video!  Now you’ve teased me with your NEXT set of tutorials, and I’m still dying to see your first set!

Thanks for all you do, and please, other folks, pipe in to let Cineversity know we’d love to see these tuts!

Best,
Biagio

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Biagio,

Thanks for taking the time and watching this music video. Each time a billboard is in the scene, this billboard is C4D based and camera-mapping was used for anything in the scene (or just a plain panorama), even in the scenes with the traffic. BTW, the background scene with the cows… that was an image (still and camera-mapped) and MoGraph. All cows are animated! Took me an hour for the hundred+ cows ;o)

Thanks for the support, I hope we have soon everything available. I really like VFX, and I hope I can build up a nice library here. I’m not certain to cover any option, like fire and fluids - as these are not part of C4D, but part of VFX, and from my point of view the hardest to achieve. But we will see, I’m happy to explore and deliver.  Well, first native C4D with its great pipelines to Ae and (growing) to NUKE.

Have a great evening and thanks again

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 11 October 2012 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

Thanks for yelling…much appreciated. :D
I can only review these things so fast and keep up with my own stuff and other duties.
Again, thanks for the input and I’m sorry I’m not better, I’ll work on that.

That said, I am on the road until the 22nd, although I am going to try and get some help reviewing this mass of tutorials.

But I am not making any guarantees about this month, but hopefully I can get it done ASAP.

Posted: 12 October 2012 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2008-03-29

LOL Patrick!  Please, you’re nothing if not extremely helpful and responsive.  Who knew getting 200 videos online was 100 percent on your shoulders?  Sorry if that post came off obnoxious.  Been looking forward to the series for awhile, and just wanted to make sure it was still coming.  I sincerely will renew my membership if hey are on he way.  Hope your road trip goes well, and thanks for the response.

And Sassi…great job as always.  Really enjoyed the video and look forward to the tuts!

Thanks guys,
Biagio

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Biagio,

Thanks for the reply, very nice of you. Yes, Patrick is certainly careful. I hope it will be done soon. I uploaded them really a while ago…

I look so forward what everyone get out of it. :o)  Thanks again for the nice comment, very much appreciated. :o)

Have a good one

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 12 October 2012 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

When we say small team we mean it smile
I really do want to get these videos out, for the communities sake, and for Dr. Sassi’s, as they contain a vast amount of information…vast.
I am sorry that I haven’t been getting through them faster, but it is being worked on.

Posted: 12 October 2012 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks so much Patrick for all the work you do! I have no doubt that you do what you can. I was really not certain, nor had any information, what other to say that, well I wait as well. :o)

I look already forward to the current material to be out, but even now, starting 8am, we have 11pm and I check data. Try to find best way to supply the information. I really love to do that.

Have a great time

Sassi

Signature 

NEW: