A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Texure Paths in r14
Posted: 17 September 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-01-19

Hello all,
I dont know if something has changed in the way that c4d handles textures but I seem to have a lot of problems with it finding my textures and I have never had this problem in the past 3 versions.  I do save project to make sure that I have all my textures and that will work just fine but in previous version i was able to copy from one project and past it into that project and it would copy the textures into my working scene and would have have no problems.  Is there a way to get the textures to copy over into my textures folder that I have done a “Save project with assets”?

Thanks

Posted: 17 September 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi QAgraphics,

Would you mind to check Edit>Project Info>Attribute Manager> Textures, after you have saved it with assets? Check here if the path for each image is relative (just the image name) or absolute (the exact path). If—after saving with assets the path is absolute, please contact the Support. If the path is relative and you copy the textures in the tex folder, it should work.

In the Edit>Project Info>Attribute Manager> Textures you can make textures relative by just deleting everything but the filename. To make it absolute, you need to relink again.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]