A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Character Rigging in R12: Introduction
Posted: 28 March 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-16

hello,
i’m feeling really lost right now.

i have a model that i need to create a mesh out of, before i can begin this rigging tutorial.
(Character Rigging in R12: Introduction)

could someone please point me in the right direction?
can’t seem to find anything in the tutorials.

thanks
-ken

Posted: 28 March 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

Hi Ken,
The associated scene files are attached to the second video.
Please look for the “files” button to download the files.

Posted: 28 March 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-16

i have those files, but i’m using a model i built.
the problem is my model has a lot of glitches when i start rigging it.

in (Character Rigging in R12: Introduction) Kai Penderson infers that there was a previous series that show how he made and optimized the model. but i couldn’t find it.

i guess i’m looking for a tutorial that shows me how to build a model, then prepare the geometry for the rig. make a low res mesh and all that jazz.
belive it or not, i could find anything appropriate in the tutorials. i know has to be there, and i’m probably asking the wrong questions

thanks again!
ken

Posted: 01 April 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you were asking if you first needed to create the model that is used in the series. smile
There is not a full character modeling video on Cineversity yet, but we are currently working with some character artists to create some material to cover that.

What you can currently find is reference to the various modeling tools that you will use to create the character.
You will want to use those in conjunction with general purpose modeling tutorials on the internet.

here is a link to a classic tutorial: http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp
I used this one in highschool when I first started learning modeling, the tool names are different but the process is the same.

Hopefully that helps push you in the right direction, if not let me know smile