A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Motion Tracker can’t get right perspective with Full Solve
Posted: 11 November 2022 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2016-03-31

I’m trying to motion track a shot using Full Solve and Cinema can’t get the perspective right. I’ve tried adding a Position Constraint, Vector Constraint (and tried all all axes), and Planar Constraint which is always wrong. What else can I do?

Posted: 11 November 2022 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2016-03-31

I also added 3 manual track points and used 3D solver and still couldn’t get the right result

Posted: 11 November 2022 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi kariomart,

As I typically mention, images do not tell a lot.

All I can see is that it found tracking points, but kind of a looked-off shot (?), and if I’m not mistaken, the person in the view produces tracking markers that have not been taken out; create a mask for that! If I’m right or wrong with that, it doesn’t matter; the point is, I can’t tell from images.

Has the camera with that lens setting produced a Lens Profile?

If it was a locked-off shot, use the Camera Calibrator instead.

The parallax is too little, perhaps. Sometimes it helps to go to the 3D solve tab and change entries accordingly.

Please use only Amazon, Apple, Adobe, Wetransfer, Dropbox, or Google if you like to share the footage. Thank you.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Asset browser slow      pyro fuel not working ››