A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

but objects from Maxon’s Library?
Posted: 09 November 2022 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2022-04-19

Hi Dr S:

I was looking for a “yes” or “no” for if the materials & objects available in the online library are free to use as I see fit in my projects or are there limitations. I may not have my terms right in my statement but I am attempting to describe the objects we can download such as buildings, plants, cars, furniture, etc.
Thank you

Posted: 09 November 2022 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi billbad777,

Your question is open for interpretation, so not possible for me to be answered with a yes or no. If in doubt, ask Maxon directly.

My two cents, not a law-based answer:

This is an offer from Maxon to support your project, but ownership is not transferred.
Make certain that no one can retrieve or harvest the content from your renderings that is based in part or completely on the Asset Browser; this would be my personal take on it.
For example, one could render a texture on a plane flat to the camera and call it “his/her work”, while the texture can be then harvested/re-used elsewhere, or worse, sold. That would certainly not be OK.

What I personally got so far is that Maxon trusts its customers to make a good judgment and keep it fair.

So far, I’m not aware that anyone got in trouble when the material was used in a project and the material was “merged” with it.

But in the end, the EULA, which is part of the application, might be consulted:
Main Menu> Help> Legal Information

If I find out more, I will let you know.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]