A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

SUPER NOOB ANY RECOMMENDATIONS WELCOME!
Posted: 24 May 2022 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2022-05-23

Hello ladies and gentleman,
So I’ve so how fallen into making logo’s and social media intro’s into my personal business as well as now friends/customers.  I guess my question is, should I invest time into learning something like cinema 4d?  I have extensive experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD.  As well as Fusion 360.  Im far from a professional editor even though ive been working in Premiere Pro now for a few years.  I started watching on YouTube the Cinema 4d beginners tutorial with Maxon Training Team.  Im just not sure how or what I would use it for.  I did watch a vlog from a guy on YouTube that said the Mograph community is normally on point and asking silly questions is exactly where pro’s were when they started.  So that was most definitely a relief.  So please hit me with whatever you got. 
Thank you in advance for any time you take out of your busy day to help me.

Posted: 24 May 2022 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi clweaver1,

That 3D is a universal language and that we have tools that allow for a wide variety of expressions makes me say YES.

I’m biased. Just so you know wink

If you like to inject life into your models, Cinema 4D is undoubtedly a good idea. So another yes.

But I guess that answer will be given in any forum from any application, and the value of an app is certainly given by your invested time to learn. The key is how far you can get with the same time investment. That depends, and I would not trust any general answer. We all think and learn differently. Some might even dump K12 into the educational material, and things work out fine.
Adult learning is different, and providing a mix is certainly our target. As a training team, we are all over the place and provide a vast field in communication, style, and everything, while keeping an eye on the pipeline. Which qualifies for another “yes”. (sorry, I couldn’t resist.)

You have models, and you use Adobe products, and it is no secret that Cinema 4D, Red Giant, and Redshift sit very well between these two. So another yes.

Would you mind jumping to After Effects from time to time? Then your question earned another yes.

Typically people coming from other apps search for tools they were used to having, which is a struggle and a significant limitation. But if you search for new options and things that even earned an Academy Tech Award, then here we go again with a yes.

Let’s add a no to the whole thing. If you are looking for instant gratification and like to push just a single button to get a 90 minutes feature film, then no. But the solution would be kit-bashing and using your models, and then we get already half the way back to a clear yes.

Did I mention that I’m biased? So, use the option to test the app, ask questions, and check more tutorials from the trainer site.

I have also experienced people who wanted me to talk them out of it, so they could show me that I’m wrong wink Please do so if that works for you.

After 18 years of mentoring and educating 3D artists while using 3D for around three decades, I found my package in Cinema 4D a long time ago. I love it.

I hope in the coming weeks I can share some of my love for this “Studio in a Pocket,” as I have called it for two decades, based on your questions.

One thing is sure, don’t search for tools you have used; stay open to get the full blast of it.

ENJOY

P.S.: … there is also Forger and ZBrush in our family. Do I hear a YES! (?)

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 24 May 2022 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2022-05-23

Dr. Sassi,
PM Sent

Posted: 24 May 2022 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi clweaver1,

Please use the PM only for URLs that can’t be in public. Thank you very much.

I believe in forum’s work, not in 1on1 things. Every question/answer or discussion should lead to an equal benefit of all artists. I hope that makes sense. So we all can grow together. If I can put obstacles out of the way for our artists here, I’m happy.

If I can share anything else, please let me know.

My best wishes for your exploration of Cinema 4D.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Black Render      PBR Reflectance ››