A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
How to Revolve a profile and have control extra control.. (CV: Squeeze an Accordion Pleat)
Posted: 30 August 2020 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

OFF-TOPIC  some thoughts about writing in a specific forum.

Hi Tesselaar,

Great thanks for taking the time to see my point as well. Fantastic.

The first few posts are from time to time, more of an introduction; I get this. To ask a question in public is uncomfortable. There are people (perhaps) who could extrapolate from a single question who the one asking is (fill in any nonsense you can imagine, that they could think, BUT they don’t: we have only great people here!).

Who asks to get’s an answer here. The question is (hopefully) no longer something that is not known. Get it? Asking means to overcome what others could use to extrapolate because the gap is gone. BTW, I don’t feel that inside of your posts.

Everyone is different, and to judge a book by the title (not even by the cover) is nonsense. I put a lot of care into my answers. I read every line, and try to answer, more often than not, with several possible solutions.

I do not believe that one size fits all. Or that short cryptic answers are preferable or even cool. The opposite is the case. Short replies make people often feel inadequate, short answers might work sometimes, but they often produce a silent vacuum, that secretly grows, because it was not addressed.

I do not answer privately, as it had taken (on average) at least eight hours per day (Mo-Su) over the years, only to write it down a few days later again, and again. I do make no differences between a newbie or the CEO of a studio. I answer with the same care. Always. Everyone is equally important to me.

I answer to a broader audience always, not only to the one who asks. Please keep this in mind. I do not evaluate what one knows (or not) I project my idea of all artists here into my answer.

Based on the download numbers of the provided files, I can see that many people read these posts. Sometimes a three or four-digit number after a year or so.

So every long text that is just noise (regarding the question) has to be read several thousand times, perhaps. Please keep that in mind. No one likes that.

Yes, I often answer with context to the question, as I know with absolute certainty, that everyone needs a different explanation to understand a function, or procedural. So, based on doing hands-on training for 15 years, I have had the luxury to learn all kinds of people, from starters to demanding hard-core professionals.

This field is not like school, it is more difficult, as often things have to be un-learned to see things objectively again and become efficient with the tools. I do not have a class of young kids seeing things the first time. If someone has learned application XYZ for five years and worked professionally with it, it is much harder to teach Cinema 4D initially than to a complete novice; For many reasons.

So, my answers to address that has to work for many, not only the one who asks right now, hence more text. … and I know that some people don’t like it.
The idea is often: I have an exact problem, and I want a one-line answer for that. This is provided in Maxon’s online 1on1 training. Personalized, short, and interactively. It is a different approach. It can’t be done in a forum used by a wider audience, who has a considerable amplitude in application-based knowledge.

We all want to learn, but we also want to be efficient with our time. Rambling in a forum that doesn’t support the question is not helping. I know you get that. Create a blog about SLC, reach an audience that follows it, and create the voice that will be heard from that company. Any good company listens to its customers.

My best wishes.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 30 August 2020 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for exploring these, Tesselaar.

Export them as Alembic, and then as shown before with the Matrix “read out” and a polygon copy, it can be exported anywhere (of course, there will always be an app that can’t import this or that.).

I have added a few options, and I guess it shows that one can choose from, instead of, this s the only way (limitation).

Just for fun, here is an accordion pleat from Aug 2009:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/dCZZR550ncDTuwgnzMlKqFJsjOIDhbsRTDqRelwtSQ7

Happy explorations!

ENJOY.

tmath129 - 30 August 2020 06:34 AM

I promise I will stay on topic.. You can kill off all my ramblings if you like.. wink

I checked out your example files.. Unbelievable!! it seems that there are many ways in C4D to do what I need.. I just need to find the option that I can work with.. I really do not understand the use of those circle, they seem to play a critical role.. I am still tying to work that out..

Your MoGraph Blend/Modify Clones and your Contain Loft (Character - rig for an Accordion Pleat), have sliders which are really cool, so much control.. I see the PoseMorth Loft works by dragging the Z up and down… I can see you have put in a lot of effort to provide me with some incredible examples.. I am sure I will state many times, your efforts are truly world class. I really mean that..

C4D is blowing me away.. Yes, I realise I should just use C4D, and I will over the Term holiday.. I have been totally inspired and excited by your demos.. I am truly sorry I am so ignorant of what you are showing me… But slowly I am understanding some features.

Its just a real shame I cannot showcase any of these in the way I need, as in within a 3D VR. Nevertheless, I will still continue to gain skills in C4D, as I am sure SLC will add some option later perhaps.

No question for you at this time.. I need to get my head around all you have provided.. I will try to recreate myself..

Thank you so much.. Its all mazing.!!

Tesselaar.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

2 of 2