A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Mixamo blended animation output to image sequence? newbie here
Posted: 28 February 2020 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2018-01-07

Greetings

GOAL: watched eyedesn tutorial on blending mixamo animations,works great, but having difficulty outputting the file,  final output animation to image sequence to be used in Adobe Captivate as an animation. Many thanks, newbie here.

Tried many variations but end up with black background even on png image sequence settings

Posted: 28 February 2020 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi markelliot2002_x_yahoo_x_com,

I have sent you an upload link. (Cineversity Private Message). I will get automatically notified when the file arrives.

In the screenshot, I can’ see enough, e.g., the Object Manager is not visible, nor can I see anything about your render settings. Images are kind of less informative. I work with project files here.

From the image, I can tell only that nothing is in the background, so it will be black. If the alpha was not enabled, that is all you get. Two options, enable alpha or create a background, or both.

(Please do not use your email as name, that might have unwanted consequences. Use the Contact Us button to manage that.)

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 28 February 2020 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi markelliot2002_x_yahoo_x_com,

Please have a look if this file works for you:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/nuoF2QoQl3KJFTJM8zKnKYkB1eedpSK5RPwZiuq6w9B

I had to download the file from Mixamo, as I had no textures here. (File> Save Project with Assets…) creates an excellent package.

I’m not familiar with Adobe Captive, I have to dig deeper into its manual, so far I haven’t found any hints why an alpha channel is not in use.

If you like to have just a single color background, or just while, use the sky object, and new material. Let me know if you want to have an example.

You asked how to scale a character. There are several ways. Let’s start with the simplest, for now, I hope that will work for now and your project. Create a null and drag the joints as well as the polygon object under it. Then set the scale to, e.g., 3 for all three axes. I have done it here, as I “never” answer from memory, and it works fine here with Mousey. (Side note: do not use the Group-Short-Cut here. In fact, if there is any animation involved, ALWAYS do it manually.)

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]