A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Render through Layer Color?
Posted: 12 October 2019 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  292
Joined  2017-09-24

Hi,

I have set my objects at Display Color > Layer.

Is there a way to render it with the layer color?
When I render it, it reverts back to the assigned material color.

Thank you for looking at my problem.

Signature 

C4D Body Mechanics Rigs (Gumroad)  //    Website

Posted: 12 October 2019 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi bentraje,

Not by default. (Except with Hardware OpenGL, Picture Viewer)

I hope I understand your question correctly: You have assigned a Texture Tag, holding a Material to object. But you would like to render just the Display Color set to Layer.

The first option would be to have all Texture Tags selected and place then something (e.g., the Letter X) into the Texture Tag Selection Field. Assuming you have no selection with the name X.
This switches all Materials to off. If you have a Selection Object created for all Texture Tags, this can be done with a view clicks, even for large scenes. This is the only practical way I can see right now.

Note that the Selection object doesn’t work with only tags, it needs one Object as well to create a Selection object. This required object can be just a Null, which gets then deleted from the list afterward, to keep only the tags.

A common suggestion might be to place the MoGraph Color Shader into a channel, and it gives you the Display Color. However, that is not passing the Layer’s Color through. It works only with the direct set color for that. Perhaps someone has written a script for that to sync the Display color to the Layer Color. You can do that with Xpresso, but it is a one object per set up, and no copy and paste nor iterate options.

The Sketch ‘n’ Toons has an option for Surface, but it is kind of tricky.

I have searched if there is any shader or plugin that can do the trick, but I couldn’t find one.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 12 October 2019 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  292
Joined  2017-09-24

Hi @Dr. Sassi

Thanks for the confirmation. Seems like a longer trip than I excepted.
For now, I’ll just settle for the Hardware OpenGL.

Thanks again.

Signature 

C4D Body Mechanics Rigs (Gumroad)  //    Website

Posted: 12 October 2019 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, bentraje.

The suggestion form should be used, and whatever receives a lot of requests will be on top of the to-do list.

Even if you google “Cinema4D Layer Color Render”, there is nearly no request for this specific feature, hence the developers work on features with more expressed interest.

You are the first to ask here since its introduction, so far I can recall it.
If you suggest it, describe clearly why this would be an advantage for final renderings (compared to preview-quality of the Hardware OpenGL).

Have a great weekend

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]