A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Motion clips on joint animations
Posted: 01 April 2019 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-01-05

Hello

I’m having an odd problem where I can seem to create motion clips from animated joints.  I select all the joints in the OM, go to the Animate menu, and “add motion clip” is greyed out.  Is there something else I need to select?

Thanks!!

Posted: 01 April 2019 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Alex,

The main idea is to have a parent and all the child object underneath in the same order. The Parent object is the only object that needs to be selected. The Hierarchy must always be the same to fit the Animation Clip’s information.

If you start for an object with many joints, and given the last questions, joints like a spine only, have them all in the same hierarchy “structure”. If the longest has seven and all other five or six, extend the shorter one so you can exchange the clips inside the project. Joints that are not used can be excluded during the Bind Process.

I hope this question was related to the previous questions, otherwise, let me know. I’m happy to look into it.

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 01 April 2019 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2012-01-05

Thanks Sassi, indeed that worked perfectly.

I’m observing something strange though…The Motion clips seem to not like timeline scrubbing if their speed has been changed.  ALl my motion clips are slowed down by 50%, but when I scrub the timeline they won’t jump back to the right position, I found I have to scrub slowly, letting each animation play through.
Does that make sense?

Posted: 02 April 2019 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Alex,

I don’t have your file here, so I can’t explore it, in the way, I would like to.

If you just need 50%, perhaps right-mouse-click on the 100% speed clip and open it in the Dope-Sheet.
Select all tracks.
Go to Functions> Delete Every n-th Frame, every second in that case. Then go to 50%. Any change?

Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]