A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Building a Candle Issues
Posted: 23 September 2015 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2014-05-05

When doing this tutorial in R17 my action safe, shadows in viewport and huds have begun flickering on and off every time I move around in the viewport.  I have tried creating a new scene and its perfectly fine until I copy the candle into it or drag it from the content browser where I saved it. I have discovered that the light with the sphere is the culprit.  Any idea why this would happen and how to stop it?

Posted: 24 September 2015 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Bikhu,

Please provide a scene file with the parts in question only, I hope I can reproduce here what you experience.
Two screen shots with the flickering on and one with the off. I can provide an upload link, just let me know.

OR—check with the Support, if you think it is a technical problem.
http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 25 September 2015 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2014-05-05
Dr. Sassi - 24 September 2015 01:04 PM

Hi Bikhu,

Please provide a scene file with the parts in question only, I hope I can reproduce here what you experience.
Two screen shots with the flickering on and one with the off. I can provide an upload link, just let me know.

OR—check with the Support, if you think it is a technical problem.
http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

All the best

I have uploaded 3 images. One has hud, action safe and shadows showing,  one has only hud and action safe and one has shadows only.  This all depends where my cursor is..  If I try to navigate within the viewport then the shadow flickers on and off as I move.  Is this all normal behaviour?  I will upload the scene file if you can please send me the link.

Posted: 25 September 2015 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks Bikhu,

Thanks for the effort. They are very small, hard to see anything. However, I can’t reproduce here a mouse move that triggers the shadow on and off. Sorry.

I guess you might better contact the support. I’m not familiar with all possible set ups (OS, GPU, CPU, etc) there are too many variables in the hardware alone. Those things (if I get it correctly) are supposed to be handled by the support.

I hoe the support will give you in the fastest way an answer.

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 25 September 2015 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2014-05-05
Dr. Sassi - 25 September 2015 02:57 AM

Thanks Bikhu,

Thanks for the effort. They are very small, hard to see anything. However, I can’t reproduce here a mouse move that triggers the shadow on and off. Sorry.

I guess you might better contact the support. I’m not familiar with all possible set ups (OS, GPU, CPU, etc) there are too many variables in the hardware alone. Those things (if I get it correctly) are supposed to be handled by the support.

I hoe the support will give you in the fastest way an answer.

All the best

They are small because this website wont allow me to upload larger that 800 x 800
So is it possible for me to send you the file first?  as my experience with support is that they are useless.

Posted: 25 September 2015 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04
Bikhu - 25 September 2015 04:41 AM

They are small because this website wont allow me to upload larger that 800 x 800
So is it possible for me to send you the file first?  as my experience with support is that they are useless.

Bikhu, the website allows for 800 wide x 600 high, yours are much smaller.

Cineversity is under the umbrella of Maxon US. The support is part of MAXON.

To call my colleagues “useless” is certainly not what they deserve nor what I guess most people here think is true.

Let me try to explain how I see it:

You come to a party and call the kids of the one who invited you “useless”. How long do you think you will be welcome in that house? The forum here is our party, and I try to keep it comfortable for the majority of us.

I’m absolutely not willing to have such things starting to appear here in the forum, nor do I think it is true in the first place. The support is tightly connected with the developers, and mostly part of the beta team. A winning set up over two decades.

You are completely out of line here and I think it is time to adjust your attitude here.

Following your post so far and the changes you made, if you don’t get what your want, seem to me that it is time that you might check if it is the right environment for you.

Until you get this checked out, I guess I’m “useless’ as well. In other words, I do not take over for the support, nor am I supposed to do that.

To report my behavior here, please use the “Contact Us” button in the lower right corner, it will be received by the leading team of MAXON US.

Take care.

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 26 September 2015 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2014-05-05
Dr. Sassi - 25 September 2015 11:48 AM
Bikhu - 25 September 2015 04:41 AM

Bikhu, the website allows for 800 wide x 600 high, yours are much smaller.

Cineversity is under the umbrella of Maxon US. The support is part of MAXON.

To call my colleagues “useless” is certainly not what they deserve nor what I guess most people here think is true.

Let me try to explain how I see it:

You come to a party and call the kids of the one who invited you “useless”. How long do you think you will be welcome in that house? The forum here is our party, and I try to keep it comfortable for the majority of us.

I’m absolutely not willing to have such things starting to appear here in the forum, nor do I think it is true in the first place. The support is tightly connected with the developers, and mostly part of the beta team. A winning set up over two decades.

You are completely out of line here and I think it is time to adjust your attitude here.

Following your post so far and the changes you made, if you don’t get what your want, seem to me that it is time that you might check if it is the right environment for you.

Until you get this checked out, I guess I’m “useless’ as well. In other words, I do not take over for the support, nor am I supposed to do that.

To report my behavior here, please use the “Contact Us” button in the lower right corner, it will be received by the leading team of MAXON US.

Take care.

Posted: 26 September 2015 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Joined  2014-05-05

It’s not a party. Its a business.  You sell software. It’s not some cool kids club that people are lucky to be a part of. Get over yourself.  You charge people thousands of dollars and then you speak to me like somehow it’s my privilege for me to use your software??? Are you serious? Please, If it was not for people like me you would not even have a job. You should be going out of your way to help your customers not fobbing them off as if you think what you are doing is special!!!  My experience with Maxon customer service is that they are rude and arrogant and unhelpful. Your arrogant attitude has confirmed that for me.  So many software companies to choose from but you think youre so special. Grow up.  Next time I will go elsewhere. I don’t need you or your pathetic arrogance. BTW I’m glad I didn’t pay for membership here because this website is very poor quality tutorials. So many great tutorial sites there is no way I will renew my membership here .

Posted: 26 September 2015 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

I’m not willing to go further with that.

(Which is a first for me after over nine years here)

End of story for me.

Take care Bikhu.

Signature 

NEW: