A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Photo-realistic Chairs, Part 10: Final Studio Rendering
Posted: 02 November 2014 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2014-06-28

Hello,

The description of this tutorial says the HDR sky image is packaged and available to use, but it’s not listed as an asset available to download.

Is there another place I can look to download this file? I checked the .c4d file, and wasn’t able to extract the bitmap to my project file either. If there’s a way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Posted: 02 November 2014 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Joined  2014-06-28

I see there is another thread on this topic where another user had the same issue.

I’ve since hunted down an alternative image to use. For the sake of future viewers to this tutorial, please consider updating the project files to include this image as stated in the video.

Posted: 02 November 2014 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jaydekay11,

To collect files around the internet, not the way learning makes fun, I get your point.

For the time being, there are also many “HDR” images in the content browser.

They are only in Radiance format, which is not at all a 32bit/c format, but it works as they are.

Radiance is a 8bit/pixel (or RGB) with a kind of multiplier in a fourth channel RGBE, and from my point a good “delivery format” (but not even close compared to an OpenEXR which doesn’t destroy so much data from the start), if you don’t change too much the information at all, you’re fine.
The color “resolution” is quite limited, but the “light” dynamic is quite high, in fact beyond anything else, even on this planet.

I hope it will do for now.

The Physical Sky object delivers perhaps from the start more fidelity than these “HDR"s.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 05 November 2014 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2014-06-28

Hey Dr. Sassi. Thanks for your tips and the reply. I will have a look!

Posted: 06 November 2014 12:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Jadekay11!

I hope the series will work for you with those HDRs.

I might have to take a series of HDRI in hi-res, and find a way to share it for Cineversity members. Typically I do them in 16x8k, and that makes them a little bit too large to just put them on my “cloud”.

We will see.

Have a good one

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]