A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

BodyPaint 3D, Part 02: Wizard Pro
Posted: 01 November 2014 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2014-06-09

A lot of audio popping in this series.  Pity as there are no other in-depth tutorials for BodyPaint that I can find online.  Maybe rerecording this series with a newer version of C4D might be a worthwhile—despite the lack of updates from Maxon.

Just a thought.

Jerome

Posted: 01 November 2014 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04
jeromeOlivier - 01 November 2014 01:32 AM

A lot of audio popping in this series.  Pity as there are no other in-depth tutorials for BodyPaint that I can find online.  Maybe rerecording this series with a newer version of C4D might be a worthwhile—despite the lack of updates from Maxon.

Just a thought.

Jerome

Just a thought, as you said. OK…

Jerome, I took a listen to this tutorial that you find unbearable enough to critique it.

They were certainly re-compressed. I have to check if I can find the original files.

But, lets focus in the future on productive things. Just redoing a series without content change…

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 01 November 2014 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2014-06-09

Sassi,

I can see I hit a nerve.  Sorry about that, but nevertheless, I do feel some of the older tutorials on Cineversity could use with a refresh.  The videos in question, using R9 ~ 9.6, which appear to have gone through multiple generations of re-encoding, do suffer from a lot of technical issues (fuzzy, low resolution, audio rate sampling pops, wildly different audio levels from video to video, etc.), not to mention the poor classifications for the search engine, or the substantial changes in the C4D interface since version 9.  While any one of these things isn’t life threatening and might even be negligible, taken together do pose, at least for me, an added challenge to the learning process.  Maybe I’m a bit of a neat freak, but I’ve always found it favorable to work and study in an environment that is clean & tidy and devoid of distractions.

If this line of thought takes away from important plans, then of course, like I wrote, “Just a thought.”

We all love to learn and make things which on some small way, might help influence positive change.  That was the intention of my opening remark.  It wasn’t meant to be a thorn in your side.

Peace.

Jerome

Posted: 01 November 2014 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

I got what you said, Jerome. This is certainly more of an internal discussion, and I don’t want to motivate here this kind of theme at all.
To say sorry, and then start all over again is an interesting approach.

I think I have said everything to that theme. ...and rest assured, this is nothing new to us. 
(I hope you don’t believe for a second that we needed something like that, that would be very sad.)
We always balance our resources, to get the best effect for Cineversity.

Let me resume it:
If something in the software changes that would require a new series, that would make sense.
Over the last years each major release had changes in the GUI, not something I appreciate from an instructor point of view, but it was needed.
To update everything all the time would certainly require to increase the annual fee drastically.
Certainly not a good idea, and boring even to think of, to do each series again and again, per year or whatever.
The content is an offer, and certainly not something that makes profit. I’m just an instructor here; I re-invest nearly everything what I get from it into gear and training, to get better. I thought so far we got it handled not that bad.
I think some people got certainly a lot more out of it already, than they have paid for and this is fine with me, but to critique then and ask for more - repels me.

We will see what 2015 will bring.

I have edit this post three times now, to make it clear. I hope we can draw a line under this theme now.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]