A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

MoGraph
Posted: 01 September 2014 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2014-06-09

Hello Again,

I figured I should post this here since this is where I asked the same thing for Thinking Particles.  Dr. Sassi, would it be possible to have a list for all of your MoGraph tutorials so that I can follow them in a logical manner?

Thanks!

Jerome

Posted: 02 September 2014 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jerome,

I’m glad I peeked into this, as I’m not even a moderator here.

It is certainly a very pleasurable and fun “package” to explore and so far I can tell, it is very deep, without getting too cryptic. Certainly a reason why people love it so much.

The main idea of MoGraph is information, as in many other areas of C4D. This sounds maybe not very inviting, but pretty much any problem I got as question since its introduction in 2006 are based missing an understanding of that flow. So, I know you will have an eye on that here as well. :o)

As I have done nearly hundred MoGraph tutorials, and it is a large Toolbox, very large(!), I suggest to check first what the “Cloner Object” does, and move on with all “Effectors” after that. That is a huge piece to digest and I would not suggest to escape from that route quickly. It is deep. It needs some time to sink in, information flow and hierarchy etc, you know that and I guess it will be only a few days to feel well with it, given your speed here so far.

The next step is certainly to understand the Matrix object. After that I would go ahead and suggest the MoGraph Selection tool.

If that is all very savvy, the other parts are more play and explore. As I know you will explore everything with your own thoughts, let me know your questions in the Q&A.

The MoText, if the suggested steps are done, will be pure fun and might need nearly no time.
The Tracer is a key element to know as well, but very simple to learn.

There is more, but at that point, you might just check out the XPresso part of it, I know, you will enjoy them, with your carefully move along XPresso and Thinking Particles, you might find that just an nice exploration. But be warned…, to combine all the parts I have named so far might have some addictive components. One can get easily lost in them. ;o)

If you really need a structure, have an eye on when they were released. I normally try to keep a certain order in the progress.

There is certainly so much more, the key is a good base. Seriously. :o) The Cloner and the Effectors have really some depth to them, please take your time, and ask if you find yourself stopped in the progress.

My best wishes

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 02 September 2014 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2014-06-09

Thanks!  Am already started under way learning about MoGraph.  ;^)

‹‹ E-Mail Reset      Corrupted audio ››