A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

1 of 5
CV Toolbox R23
Posted: 05 May 2014 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

The CV-Toolbox offers a unified installer for Cineversity and third-party plugins, scripts and presets.

CV-Toolbox is currently in semi-open beta and will be released soon.

Posted: 19 June 2014 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-07-18

Hi Rick,

I removed cv-toolbox, because the plugins and scripts are then scattered in my plugins or script folder! With a lot of other plugins and another language (german) instead of english—> it´s not handy to search and find!
Only a few plugins have a “CV - xxxx” name, but not all :(

Before (sate) -> i´ve organized all cv stuff in a plugin/script-dirctory-sub-folder which called “Cineversity”.  I think it is a better solution with a sub folder.

Also, after removed and new installed plugins via cv-toolbox (on mac) -> the manually installed message for the plugins appeared again and again.  Maybe a bug on mac ?

I would install the cv-toolbox again, but only with a “sub plugin/script folder” called cineversity. 
Hope you can add this in future!

Best regards,
Thomas

Posted: 24 June 2014 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-05-17

Hey Rick,

I installed the toolbox last night in a clean R15 on Mac OSX….Probably Lion or Mountain lion I think It is. 10.7.x i believe.

It ran through the installation, but it complained that Planesmart was already installed. The first time I ran it I said to overwrite it, but it froze. So I redid it again, and said to leave it, it went through and said to restart, but now it crashes on startup. I’ll get the crash report to you soon.

Signature 

http://www.bretbays.com

Posted: 24 June 2014 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2010-08-21

That is almost exactly what happened to me too, although we have a pc at work running windoze 7. The toolbox consistently tells that Planesmart is manually installed. We deleted the planesmart folder in plugins and then tried to install it through the toolbox and it froze halfway through. With the restart of C4D, the planesmart folder WAS in the plugins folder, but the toolbox still says it is manually installed. Perhaps some log file/preference file is corrupted or needs to be rebuilt in some way?

Posted: 11 August 2014 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-01-25

Hi,

I do agree with TBA. After several reinstall, cv toolbox 1.2 keeps saying that plugins were indicated as installed manually
and i agree that a “cv-“prefix for all plug-ins would be great idea too.

Thanks and all the best for your effort!
Eric

(OSX 10.8.5, C4D R15)

Posted: 16 August 2014 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  238
Joined  2012-03-02

Hi,

Very nice and useful.

Posted: 25 November 2014 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-11-23

i have downloaded tool box and paste in plugin folder through edit>preferences. but when i restart application nothing happen, not prompt me for installation. thanks

Posted: 25 November 2014 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02
uzmasecrets - 25 November 2014 04:38 PM

i have downloaded tool box and paste in plugin folder through edit>preferences. but when i restart application nothing happen, not prompt me for installation. thanks

Do you see CV-Toolbox under the Plugins pulldown? If not, could you please open the Console (Scripting > Console) and write back with the specific text of any errors you see? Make sure that you have the latest version of Cinema 4D and CV-Toolbox installed for the best results.

Posted: 13 May 2015 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Joined  2015-04-22

Hi, I have the same problem as uzmasecrets. And the console doesn’t show me any errors. Other plugins are installed sucessfully by copy to the Cinema 4D plugin Folder. Thanks for help.

Posted: 04 June 2015 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Joined  2015-06-04

I have the same problem. R14, imac
Did anyone figure out the issue?

Posted: 04 June 2015 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2007-07-02

Hi @uzmasecrets, @Geodaten, & @animatordave,

I believe that CV-Toolbox is only compiled to work with R15 and up. Perhaps @RickBarrett can correct me if I’m mistaken.

-Donovan

Posted: 04 June 2015 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24

Donovan is correct - it was just compiled for R15+, but I just uploaded a new version compiled for R13 and R14. I haven’t had a bunch of time to test in earlier releases, but it appears to work ok in R14.

Just download the Toolbox plugin again from the tutorial / link in the Cineversity header, and completely replace the folder you originally installed.

Posted: 10 December 2015 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-12-17

Hi Rick,

I installed the CV-Toolbox on the R17 version and everytime there’s an update of the CV tools (plugins or scripts), CV Toolbox ‘thinks’ I installed all the stuff manually, although I didn’t and only used CV-Toolbox.
Very annoying. Any input?

Posted: 10 December 2015 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24

Hi Foureyez,

Sorry for the trouble. If you haven’t done so already, can you please submit a bug report via the Report Bug/Idea option in the CV-Toolbox Help menu, and make sure to include the files that are automatically attached? Those logs will help us sort out the issue.

Posted: 17 December 2015 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2014-05-05

I have C4D R17 and when I open the toolbox it says that many of the tools have been manually installed and so I cannot update them.  So I delete them and then reinstall them through the toolbox but it makes no difference.

Posted: 17 December 2015 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2007-07-02
Bikhu - 17 December 2015 07:37 AM

I have C4D R17 and when I open the toolbox it says that many of the tools have been manually installed and so I cannot update them.  So I delete them and then reinstall them through the toolbox but it makes no difference.

Hi Bikhu,

You’re clearly not the first person to run into this issue. We’re still trying to nail down exactly what’s causing this as we’re unable to reproduce it on our machines. In order to better help us diagnose this issue could you please:
1. Open CV-Toolbox (Cinema 4D > Plugins > CV-Toolbox)
2. Help > Report Bug / Idea…
3. Give it a title, maybe “CV-Installed Plugins Showing as Manually Installed”

Press OK.

Some questions to help us debug:

1) Do you know if it’s both plugins & scripts that are showing as manually installed?
2) Have you setup some sort of “sym-linked” directory structure so that your scripts/plugins folders are shared between multiple versions or installations of Cinema 4D?
3) Have you moved your C4D installation in any way? Did you copy your Plugins folder from an older version to a newer one?

I know that Rick is working on a work-around to allow you to update plugins even if they were (or are perceived to be) manually installed. He’s out of the office for a few days, but I suspect he’ll push out a release shortly after he returns.

- Donovan

1 of 5

‹‹ CV-ArtSmart      CV-Layer Comps Manager ››