A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Cineware and Cinema 4D Lite In Production
Posted: 23 February 2014 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-12-11

Hello guys,

A big thank you for starters for making this awesome tutorial available to free members!
I need a clarification…
I downloaded the files attached to part 01 and opened the Premiere project.
All media is missing…
Is there a link to download the media?
Is the media available only to Premium members?
Or is it a royalties thing and the media can’t be provided?

Thank you very much in advance.

Posted: 24 February 2014 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Glad you like the series. Unfortunately the footage is not available.

As the description of the first tutorial states:

Due to size and licensing restrictions, we’re unable to provide the footage for this tutorial within the project files. Certain aspects of the project are provided within the relevant tutorial parts.

Posted: 24 February 2014 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-12-20
Rick Barrett - 24 February 2014 03:28 PM

Unfortunately the footage is not available.

Great tutorial but needs the footage.

File Size…
Reduce the footage down to 1080 or 720. Only include the actual needed parts. A few seconds in the beginning and most importantly a few seconds for the main CG mograph hero shot. Less than 10 seconds is probably all that is needed. Be happy with just the few frames for the hero shot.

Licensing…
This is for educational purposes. Watermark it with credits if necessary.

Posted: 24 February 2014 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi there,

This is not my project, but I know how it feels to miss those parts. Perhaps as proxy, this might ease the problem a tiny little bit:
http://www.artbeats.com/clips/VRS118/NTSC
The low res previews can be downloaded and used for testing (... please check the license of ArtBeats carefully, don’t take my words for it!) Perhaps someone with nice contacts to ArtBeats can get a freebie for everyone ;o)

I have to wait for my Motion-Mount for my RED-Epic to avoid the rolling shutter, then I can take some clips from Skateboarders in Venice,CA and share it here freely, but it might take a while. (Don’t hold your breath on it!) I hope to get a Skater in Venice who signs an release form, so everything is fine and everyone can use it without for their reel.

All the best

Sassi

EDIT: I got my Motion Mount. I have shot some stuff, but standard speed so far, just testing the ground. ;o) If there is any interest, I might do some Slo-Mo stuff./edit

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 25 February 2014 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-12-20

Thanks Dr. Sassi smile

Looking forward to try it sometime in the future should you get the video.

Quite frustrating about the missing footage though. Watched the entire tutorial (which is my usual approach to most tutorials, watch them first, then try on my own) and was really excited to give this one a go. Probably find similar footage and give it a shot in meantime.

Posted: 26 February 2014 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-12-11
Rick Barrett - 24 February 2014 03:28 PM

Glad you like the series. Unfortunately the footage is not available.

As the description of the first tutorial states:

Due to size and licensing restrictions, we’re unable to provide the footage for this tutorial within the project files. Certain aspects of the project are provided within the relevant tutorial parts.

Rick,

Thank you for your reply!
Funny thing, is that i read the description but somehow managed to miss that!! Duh!
I wish we had the footage though…
Anyways, many thanks to all at Cineversity for the tutorials..

Posted: 26 February 2014 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jim-H,

I hope I get something useful. I’m happy to share this here. But as I mentioned it might take a while.

If someone knows a good place in L.A., I’m happy to go there as well.

All the best

Sassi

EDIT: I have shot with my RED Epic and with a Motion Mount (means—no rolling shutter or jello images :o) an eight second clip. If you like and if you’re a full member of CV, send me a Cineversity PM [private message] and I send you a link for a 1080p quicktime file and if you like the Illustrator file for the skateboard decals wich I have created from the screenshot. This was my first visit, sI shot only normal speed. More later perhaps, if there is interest in Slow-Mo. For educational purposes only of course!) I will find more places to shoot, but if you have a location in L.A., with a half-pipe, I’m happy to consider to stop by/edit

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 08 March 2014 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2013-06-21

This was an excellent tutorial series and very helpful. I know it isn’t really your product but an x-particles starter tutorial would be very helpful to motion graphic artists like me who have jumped into c4d. It seems to me that the two products help sell each other but I suspect that the guys at x-particles don’t have the resources to do a proper training series.