A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

(no bitmap) in texture manager
Posted: 12 February 2014 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-07-10

Help! I have been losing textures which show as (no bitmap) in my texture manager. I know for a fact that the textures in question are in my main TEX folder but when I try to re-link textures nothing happens.  The only way to re insert each texture is to go one by one and that is becoming very frustrating as the project has 88 lost textures eveytime I re open the file.

Does anyone understand the problem I’m having?  If so, is there a workaround for this?

Posted: 12 February 2014 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Simplymax,

I assume that the main scene-file is in the project-folder as “Sibling” to the tex folder.

As you can otherwise work with the textures, they should be standard and accepted by Cinema 4D.

You have certainly checked your hard-drive if the index/catalog is working.

That the read and write rights for this files have not been compromised by the OS or such.

Go into your back up foolder (I assume you have set up an automatic back up in the preferences), and check previous files, by open them and copy those into the Project fiolder)

Perhaps try this, go to the “Edit>Preferences” and set a path for this specific tex folder. In r15 it is under “Files” in the preferences.

Is that working? If not:

Connect just a few, and save that as “Project with Assets”. Open this new project file and check if the previous linked textures are now linked. If so, the original scene file might be in need for a support inspection. But check in any case the new tex folder, does it contain now few or all textures.

Next, if no success:

Close the scene, place the scene file directly in the tex folder, reopen the scene.

If that is not working either, open a new scene file, and copy everything from the original file into it. Save besides the original tex folder and check the textures.

If all these options will not work, you need to get into contact with the support: http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

From the Manual:
Avoid assigning paths that lead to CDs/DVDs or network locations. Searching these paths is most often a very slow process. An error message will only then be displayed if the texture cannot be located in any directory.

Good luck

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]