A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Cineversity included with MSA?
Posted: 01 August 2013 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, so let me know if not.

Toolfarm is selling R14 now and price includes the MSA - and according to the website ( http://www.toolfarm.com/blog/entry/news_maxon_summer_special ) it states the following:

To top it off, each purchased seat also comes with a subscription to MAXON Cineversity.

Is that a statement for existing members as well?  I have the MSA and am wondering if my annual subscription price includes the Cineversity subscription now as well?

Posted: 02 August 2013 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

I just checked with sales.
Cineversity is included in the MSA for all users in the Americas.
The is independent of the distributor and applies to any MSA.
For current MSA holders when your Cineversity account renews you will be sent out a coupon with your subscription.
If you don’t receive anything at that time, please let us know, or contact sales.

Cheers!

Posted: 09 August 2013 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2007-05-28

Thanks, Patrick.  I spoke to my sales rep and he basically said the same thing, but without the detail around how it works for current MSA holders.  When you say that you’ll be sent out a coupon with our subscription is that a coupon for a rebate to the MSA or what should we be looking for?

Posted: 09 August 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-05-17

From what I was told, it would be an email with a code you can enter into the payment section of your CV user account.
I’ll ask Rick to post a sticky or something at the top of the forum, as that will probably be the best option.

Posted: 09 August 2013 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2007-05-28

Ahh, gotcha.  So we’ll receive the coupon that will allow our Cineversity subscription to be extended without being charged.  Got it.  Yeah, a sticky would be great.  I would have missed this information entirely if Toolfarm hadn’t sent me a promotional about the upcoming R15 release (which I’m trying to wait patiently for!).  Thanks again!

Posted: 20 August 2013 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2012-04-04

Hmm.  I’ve been subscribed to the Studio MSA since 2010 (purchased directly from Maxon U.S.), and at the time I thought Cineversity was included but could never find confirmation.  I ended up subscribing to Cineversity to the tune of $295 in April of 2012 and renewing for $95 in April of 2013.  I can live with the possibly unnecessary subscription costs so far, but it would be nice not to have to pay further as long as I maintain our MSA.

I’m still fuzzy on the process.  When is this coupon code for CV sent out?  When I renew our MSA?

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

Posted: 09 October 2013 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2007-05-28

Patrick - I just received a notice that my Cineversity subscription would be ending in a month.  Has the process for MSA holders to have their Cineversity subscription renewed been ironed out or posted somewhere?  thanks

Posted: 09 October 2013 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-05-17

Hey Guys,

I’m not 100% sure on the exact details on the process.
The best option I can suggest is to contact sales…just to be sure.
I’ll also direct Rick to this thread for further elaboration.

Posted: 09 October 2013 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

As of June 1st, customers of MAXON the Americas (US, Canada and Latin America) will receive a Cineversity coupon when they renew their MSA. The coupon will allow you to begin a new Cineversity account or extend an existing one for a period of one year.

The keys here are:
- You get the coupon when you renew your MSA, assuming you’ve renewed after June 1st, 2013
- The coupon can start a new 1-year premium membership OR extend an existing one
- If you have an existing membership, there’s no refunds for membership fees already paid, but your account will extend a full year from the current renewal date.
- The coupon must be manually applied (sorry the MSA system and Cineversity system aren’t set up to talk to each other)
- The Americas region only

If your MSA renewal month is Oct through May, you won’t have received a coupon, since the policy went into effect June 1st. If your existing Cineversity membership is set to expire prior to your MSA renewal, you can always contact our sales department to renew your MSA early. You’ll receive the coupon as soon as your MSA renewal is processed, and your MSA will renew for 12 months from the current end date (you don’t lose any time on the MSA, you’re just paying the bill early). If you have any questions, contact your MAXON reseller or direct sales rep.

Posted: 14 October 2013 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Joined  2007-05-28

Thanks Rick, that’s what I needed to know.  So it sounds like I can just renew my MSA subscription early and get that coupon if that’s what I need to do.  However, I think the two purchases were done at the same time so my MSA subscription might need refreshing at that point anyway…

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      Alioscopy ››