A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

3D model
Posted: 11 November 2016 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2013-07-16

hello,
I want to do I implement the model like that, but I feel helpless ... I have the tools, but do not know where to start or how do I divided this model
I hope to explain the existence of such models ....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl2mj5xubcfz6yd/contentItem-7989623-68824624-r6biwwjww8wlv-or (1).jpg?dl=0

Posted: 11 November 2016 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Ahmedmostafa,

Everything starts with something, and nothing is done at once in modeling, speaking of complex models.
A modeler’s main skill is to separate the task in as many little steps as needed, to work in a comfortable way.
This skill can be trained everywhere, while looking at things and “break them apart” in 3D production steps.

OK, the last two threads, you mentioned you are a modeler, but you liked to move up to be pro. So I hesitated to share tutorial suggestions.

I guess this is what you need:
https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/modeling_101_-_pat/introduction_to_space

My suggestion, go through the whole playlist and get savvy with the basic tools. Watch all of the 37 parts! Study them carefully and as often as needed. Then follow the instructor to the point: Build the models. Do it again until you can do it without the tutorial.
Seriously, just listen to tutorials allows (based on empirical studies) to keep only 10% of the content. Which is kind of a waste of time, it is an illusion for the moment while only listing to imagine that one really owns the content already. So, step by step. This is the most important material to cover now. IF you can do all the models without instructions, you will see what is needed to most shapes.
This will give you what you need to move forward. Anything else, I can’t see at the moment.

In 90+% of all modeling questions in the past decade+, I found that the basics are not well understood, and so being part of the core of the problem..

This is the only answer I can give now.

My best wishes and enjoy the ride.

P.S.: after I answered the link was added. This is a complex model and I certainly do not know how to answer that in a forum. This is a 1on1 session question, as someone might need you to guide you through all steps. It might take hours, first to break down the way to load a sketch, then which shape should be a starting shape, and how to refine the details later, while having them perhaps already prepared during the steps before. I.e., if you take things apart in single steps, you will see what comes first, then second and so on. I guess most of the needed information is in the series. Basic stuff, accumulated to create a library inside of you. Which allows then to create more complex things. There are great people available who help you to learn how to see this: (The tutorial series will do similar things of course)

1on1

After you went thought all parts of the series, you will see familiar shapes. To model means to learn to see how to put a task in many steps, what comes first and the second and so on.
The outcome isn’t telling it, that is one skill to learn, and it is mostly supported by having done simple shapes, then more complex to see how it was build. Many complex shapes start out with a simple cube for example.
This is pretty much what I wrote in the other threads, have a look at anything around you, what tools would you use to create it. If you can’t see it, you must start with simpler shapes.
It might take a few weeks to really go through this great series from Patrick Goski, and I really mean it: Do not just watch it, do it over and over again. It is a process, as mentioned, to be a good modeler is not based on having some tricks on one’s sleeves.

To post an image like that, and no way to start is more like a request for a tutorial series. If I should move this thread to the Request section, please let me know. /p.s.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      Team Render ››