A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

New View Panel filter options
Posted: 29 February 2016 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2015-08-24

Hi gang, this may sound like a newb question ( sorry). I’m in animation layout with my timeline underneath . I like to have my perspective using the default camera so I can rotate around character I am to animate with all of its controllers. In panel<new view panel, I get a new view, in this view I will look through my actual cameras. The trouble is that I cannot filter out the vissibillity of my spline, grid,generators, ect… Without it effecting my other perspective, default view.i guess what I’m trying to say is,  How can I turn of the filters in my new view without it effecting my other view.
Thank you again

Posted: 29 February 2016 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Rodrigo,

Please, never think that any question is a reason to be embarrassed, while it is related to your current project for example. Once answered, this is not a question anymore for you. There is no one on this planet, AFAIK, who knows every single little thing about this about, some stuff is not even intentional, but might work great.

If you go to the Display>>Option> Configure…  or Configure all…

Then you get a lot of entries: parameters and options. There are entries in the tabs with the font set to “Normal” or “Bold”. “Normal” means, that you have a local entry here, just for the selected Display. (Shift click on several Displays and then CMD+V).  The “Bold” entries are Global, and affect everything. Here is your question located, you hit an entry that is in “Bold”, right?

You can select more than one entry at once.

With a right mouse click [or CTRL/CMD+Click] you can change this. You will find in the fly out menu the needed options: Make Parameter Local or Global.

I hope that works for you.

Save your workspace!

All the best

Here is a one minute clip about it, you can download the clip:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/GuVcRmNg1lVCALRvjeWHIBl6sx28oYAvGCEKLUJQvzA?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 29 February 2016 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2015-08-24

Thank you always Dr. It’s like your sitting across from me here at the studio with these questions

Posted: 29 February 2016 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Rodrigo.

Sounds good!

I try to keep close :o)

Enjoy!

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]