A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Bodypaint 3D paint problem
Posted: 31 January 2016 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2016-01-26

Any idea why I can paint on the geometry, it happens somethimes and I dont know why. Am I missing to turn on something?

Posted: 31 January 2016 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Nikolay Kirkov,

Would you mind uploading the file with texture to this link?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/GdnXZGoni5tPdXCzf0y3

I will have a look into it. I can’t tell from the image.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 31 January 2016 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2016-01-26

I found the problem - there’s a little brush that need to be visible, In my case was grayed out. It can be turned off by clicking while holding ctrl, and turned on by just clicking.

Posted: 31 January 2016 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2016-01-26
Dr. Sassi - 31 January 2016 06:18 PM

Hi Nikolay Kirkov,

Would you mind uploading the file with texture to this link?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/GdnXZGoni5tPdXCzf0y3

I will have a look into it. I can’t tell from the image.

All the best

I’ve clicked a lot of things to find the problem and my scene crashed, and it wasn’t saved. I repeat the process and the problem disappeared. Now I saw that little brush that turned my life into nightmare :D

Posted: 31 January 2016 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for finding out the problem, Nikolay Kirkov.

What I do not get, that you could paint and not on some areas, if the brush was the problem. As you wrote you can paint on the geometry. Which lead me to the idea, what is changing for some parts of the object/geometry.

nikolay.kirkov - 31 January 2016 05:22 PM

Any idea why I can paint on the geometry, it happens somethimes and I dont know why. Am I missing to turn on something?

Given the image, I wanted to check for layers or similar things.

Anyway, my advice—when things don’t work, open a new scene and create the most simplified set up and check again. I can’t tell you how often this has worked wonders here. :o)

Images have not so often worked as they are small, compressed and even knowing now about the “pen”, I wouldn’t be certain if it is grayed or an jpeg artifact… The image gave me the impression of a hidden mask, as there were two areas, one painted one previous texture, hence: Scene-files, always scene-files please!

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 01 February 2016 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2016-01-26
Dr. Sassi - 31 January 2016 08:16 PM

Thanks for finding out the problem, Nikolay Kirkov.

What I do not get, that you could paint and not on some areas, if the brush was the problem. As you wrote you can paint on the geometry. Which lead me to the idea, what is changing for some parts of the object/geometry.

nikolay.kirkov - 31 January 2016 05:22 PM

Given the image, I wanted to check for layers or similar things.

Anyway, my advice—when things don’t work, open a new scene and create the most simplified set up and check again. I can’t tell you how often this has worked wonders here. :o)

Images have not so often worked as they are small, compressed and even knowing now about the “pen”, I wouldn’t be certain if it is grayed or an jpeg artifact… The image gave me the impression of a hidden mask, as there were two areas, one painted one previous texture, hence: Scene-files, always scene-files please!

All the best

Hi Dr. Sassi

I wasn’t able to paint anywhere - not just in some parts on geometry. And the scene crashed, so for that reason I couldn’t send it to you. I had another scene and in that scene I could paint with no problem, so I decided to repeat the process with Photoshop and make the same steps as before - the scene again wasnt working, and then I found that little brush that was turned off. :D

Best,
Nikolay

Posted: 01 February 2016 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for clearing it, Nikolay Kirkov. So, it was meant to be “can’t” instead of “can”, got it! (I notice how easily I write “can” instead of “can’t” sometimes as well, so I don’t say it as a bean-counter.)

Yes, I got that the scene crashed, may I mention that there is an auto-back up function in C4D? Not that I have a lot of crashes, but what ever happens, it is a good idea anyway.

Scene files are the simplest way to explore things for me, it works or it doesn’t after a fix.

Thanks again for updating the thread. Let me know if there is something else.

All the best

Signature 

NEW: