A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Random Light Color cloner
Posted: 17 September 2015 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-02-20

I’m really having a difficult time trying to figure out how to do what I want. I have a nested cloner object with a bunch of lights and I would like to be able to randomize the “chosen” colors between all the clones with a noise pattern. I tried using a random effector with shader effector and some other things, but the best I could get is each group of clones changing colors in a group, not each light.

I have an example attached that does exactly what I want to do, except the texture space of my noise texture is set to world space which doesn’t work when I move my cloner group.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Brian

File Attachments
LED Light Array.zip  (File Size: 61KB - Downloads: 166)

Posted: 17 September 2015 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-02-20

I got the following response from Brian Jones at the creative cow forum.

“don’t use the noise group in a layer in the Shader effector, put the noises in the color channel of a texture on the Master Cloner (with the noises set to Texture space) and reference the color channel of the texture in the shader effector”

It solved my problem.

Thanks.

Brian

Posted: 18 September 2015 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Brian,

Thanks for filling in information to your own question.

The Random Effector is by default set to Min/Max of -100 to 100%.
For light it should be 0-100%, to have no negative light in it.

I have attached a scene how I would do it, given the MoGraph set up you have shared.

The first step is the Random Effector set only to produce “Weight” and then use the Shader Effector with a single color ( I assume that was your target). Based on the previous “Weight” color (light) is only given to the clones randomly.

I just sneaked in here, having some time during my “vacation”, I back late next week, if there is more: I’m happy to look into it.

All the best

File Attachments
CV2_R16_DRS_15_MGrc_01.c4d.zip  (File Size: 66KB - Downloads: 201)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]