A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Classic scheme?
Posted: 16 September 2015 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2015-09-01

I’ve finally upgraded from R10.5 to R17 (I’m an illustrator and was perfectly happy with the way 10.5 does everything that I need, but I wanted to stay in the loop and Maxon had an offer on R16 with 1yr MSA so thought I’d be a good time to jump back in). 
TBH I’m a bit lost navigating around the layout.  Maybe it’s the Aspergers stressing me out, but I’m out of my comfort zone.  I’ve always used C4D with the ‘classic’ scheme and the first thing I would always do with an upgrade was switch to classic in order to make things seem as familiar as possible.  Apparently that isn’t an option in R17 and I’m guessing hasn’t been for a while.  I’ll get my head around things eventually but there’s a lot of new stuff (to me) and it would speed things up if I was in more familiar surroundings.  Is there any way I can import or otherwise fiddle with it to get the old classic look in R17?

cheers in advance

Posted: 16 September 2015 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi AlexTomlinson47,

This is certainly a big jump and I know how that feels, as I go sometimes (based on questions) back to older version, some I haven’t touched in a decade for example. The “muscle memory” and the speed of it is not available.

Sorry, there is no option to turn it to a R10.5 GUI by default. Especially the icons will not be available in a “classic” version

I’m also not aware if there is an 3rd party option.

In the preferences you can turn and change Interface>Scheme>Dark/Light.
Then the Main Menu>Window>Menus you will find an option to change the commands in the menus for example.

However, bite the bullet, don’t change anything, allow for one or two weeks, perhaps longer if you don’t work on a daily basis, to get used to the new GUI.
The huge amount of changes were made over the years in little steps, to get all things in a more logical grouping. To create a base for future grow. If you stay now with something not really R10.5 and not R17 at all, the next update might be even more unfamiliar, even you had to invest a lot of time for that intermediate set up.

My suggestion, as you know the application, start using short cuts. I do not suggest that to starters, as short cuts adds complexity during the learning process and keeps the one learning “blind” about other options: e.g., what is that command, option or function above the one I use. But you seem to be at least intermediate, so, find all short cuts you don’t know and apply them.

You can always check with the support if they know something.
http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 16 September 2015 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2015-09-01

I was afraid of that smilethanks for taking the time to confirm it to me though.

cheers

Posted: 16 September 2015 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Yes, not fun to go through that phase, I certainly know, AlexTomlinson47.

For what it is worth, it is all based on a lot of work and discussion. It is not just to make it look new and shiny. I see that sometimes in other apps, perhaps I don’t get their philosophy, and not getting the why makes it harder, as I have the ability to create a resistance against it. Which makes it only harder for me….

I hope the transition is soon in the past for you and you are back to an comfortable workflow.

My best wishes. Cheers!

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]