A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

annoying mouse behavior
Posted: 11 September 2015 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2011-12-21

Once in a while I can only use my mouse to move my scene in the viewport. I can select all the tools and functions but I cannot edit mij objects except move the scene like the 2 key normaly does. . Switching to another open project and back usually solves the problem.
The problem is still there now I have upgraded to R17 so I don’t think it is a bug
Is there some hidden key combination that induces this behavior or is it likely a bemachine/tablet related problem and do I have to contact support .

Posted: 11 September 2015 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Geertjan,

I have only personal experience with this problem. It feels like the input is waiting for something [GUI] specific, but didn’t get it. In the moment I hold down the key “1” and move the mouse or pen—the system seems to be satisfied, and works nicely again. Quick and easy.

Since I have a similar behavior in Photoshop from time to time, I searched elsewhere as well. So far I have only suspicions—as the behavior is not constant. So, my idea was that an input device [e.g., tablet] might be the cause.

However, the way that I have to reply here is, to suggest the support, as it is not an education theme, it falls under technical problems. I’m not supposed to handle this. The option to use the support is preferable in this case for many reasons, they work in a system that is very communicative with the developers, and it collects all data in a central way. If if I would be able at all to fix it here, it would be not a help to the community.

Please check if they have already an idea for you:

http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 11 September 2015 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2011-12-21

thanx Sassi.. I thought about the tablet too.  I’ll contact support.
I was’nt my intention to misuse the formum but i thought the problem was too fuzzy for a support question.

Posted: 11 September 2015 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Geertjan.

I’m sorry if I gave you at all the idea that you “misused” the forum. Not my intention. Please feel always free to post here anything that you like to have discussed.

One of the most difficult things to solve, are problems that can’t be reproduced. Yes, the fuzzy stuff :o)

With millions of code lines in the OS, and in the app itself, as well as a good part of code from 3rd parties in the mix, -things become kind of complex—I think I do not tell you anything new.

However, problems can be often solved by just going another route, and if enough people mention that problem, perhaps a different idea will be installed to make things better for everyone.

MAXON is certain listening.

My best wishes.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]