A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Issue with constraints on Eyeballs to Rig.
Posted: 05 June 2015 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2013-09-19

I’m in the process of rigging a female model. Her eyeballs are constrained to the Eye IK. The issue is the constraints aren’t sticking to the target sometimes when I move the head around. I have set the priority to 100. I don’t know what’s causing this issue.

I also would like some advice on how I can parent the IK eye targets to the head so they move with the head but still allows the direction of the eyes to be animated.

Plus is there a way to parent one eye target to the other so I can just animate one target. My models eyes will not be animated to be out of sync like some crazy cartoon reaction.

My scene

Posted: 05 June 2015 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi CreativeRaul,

Please have a look to the image, after the “L_Eye + R_Eye+ are selected, you have the option to set the “Eye_Controls” to the Head accordingly.

The manual has a tutorial about setting up the eyes. “Manual> Tutorials> Character Builder Tutorial”.

The simplest way, without going to deep into the complex hierarchy of the Character Components, would be to select the two controllers (Circle Splines) in the Editor View, and use a Select>Selection Filter>Create Selection Object, to select all needed parts and have on one axis. With only the two circles selected, the Selection Object collects eight Objects needed to get the same selection used while initially selected. It works then easily.

If you unfold the complete hierarchy of all the parts involved, you might see how many constrains are used. Especially how the Priority is set up, which I would think as—complex.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 06 June 2015 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2013-09-19

Thank you Dr. Sassi

For the advice and tutorial. I’ll give them a shot.

Posted: 06 June 2015 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the feedback, CreativeRaul!

I hope it works for you.

Here on Cineversity, Bret Bays has done some incredible work for and with the Character Components. To my knowledge he was a huge force in developing it. IF you like to dive deeper into it, this is the source.

I hesitate to suggest to mess too much with the whole set up, but one could disconnect the Constrains, and use a PoseMorph for these two, and set up an up and down as well left and right slider up, then use these. Which would make sense if a lot of defined movements are needed.

Let me know if there is a question.

Enjoy your weekend

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 06 June 2015 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2013-09-19

Dr. Sassi,

Thank you for suggesting Brets tutorials. The suggestions you provided helped solve my issues. The model is working fine now that I have corrected the constraints and added the selection tag to the eye controls.

Posted: 06 June 2015 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Sounds great, CreativeRaul.

My best wishes for the project, and thanks again leaving feedback here, very much appreciated. :o)

Signature 

NEW: