A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

morph deformer vs posemorph
Posted: 26 March 2015 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2010-04-13

Hi Dr. Sassi, thanks for your help yesterday. I have never used the morph deformer, and I was trying to add to the object field an object, but could not get it to work. Would you mind a brief explanation, and maybe a simple scene ; )-thank you, Craig

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 26 March 2015 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Craig,

Think of it as a Falloff addition to the PoseMorph. You like the work you have done with the PoseMorph, but you would like to have more control about the area where it works on your model.

Open the tiny little scene and press play. Then de-activate the deformer and compare. Perhaps while active move the deformer.

But experiment perhaps with a copy of the model, and only the deformer applied, or several copies in that way.

All the best

File Attachments
CV2_r16_drs_15_CApm_01.c4d.zip  (File Size: 43KB - Downloads: 279)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 21 April 2015 03:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-12-28

I’m only getting this falloff functionality of the Morph Deformer to work for ‘points’ mode. I’d love to get it working for all the other modes available in the pose morph tag. Can you tell me how to do that?

Posted: 21 April 2015 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Ehmie,

As it is a “Deformer” I don’t see any other option than to move points around, hence the effect works only in “Points” “Maps” and “UV” mode.

How would a rotation, for example, can be used with a falloff…with that I mean literally, a bended (falloff!) rotation. Yes, I can see the idea could work for groups/hierarchies work on the axis—not gradually, so child objects might get a different treatment. However, my understanding of anything Deformer is, that it does care for points only.

Perhaps, outside of the Morph-Tag, you might try a MoGraph Effector in Deform mode. (I’m aware that the definition I just gave is not valid for the “Deform” mode, as it contains the options for PSR changes.)

If I miss something, Please let me know or check with the support, in case you categorize this as a technical problem.

http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 22 April 2015 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-12-28

Thank You. This makes it a bit clearer. (though I wish it would just work)

What I’m really trying to accomplish is to have one falloff for multiple effectors.
Is there a way to link them through expresso? or some other solution?

Posted: 22 April 2015 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Ehmie.

Of course, more functionality is always welcomed. I certainly understand.

Having said that, if you have a specific idea/problem, etc, I’m happy to explore it and hopefully find a way to do it.
Just open a new thread and if possible share a little scene file, so we are on the same side.

Have a great day.

Signature 

NEW: